Coroute issues in FMC

Hi guys,

First of all I want to thanks IXEG team for their excellent job ! Marvellous aircraft !

Since i'm becoming a little bit more familiar with the operation of the aircraft, i started some routine work to make my flights easier and wanted to start setting up some coroutes in the FMC. But i get the error on the fmc : Route not found. File problem.

I'm using MAC OS X 10.7.5 and this is how i proceeded.

I use the planner on onlineflightplanner.org , and then i enter departure airport and destination airport. Once route calculated, i copied the line into a new .txt file.

This is the line i copied into the empty .txt file : EHAM SID ARNEM T196 TEBRO STAR EDDL

After that i rename the file EHAMEDDL.txt as EHAMEDDL.fpl and put it into the IXEG 737 Classic/coroutes directory. 

Since i got that error, i tried to remove SID and STAR in the file (since i reread carefully the Interface Guide.pdf file on page 12 (Coroute flight plans). Then i tried to add 'to' and 'via' words, but with still no luck (even if i follow the example in that pdf file = KSFO MELTS J84 EKR J100 OBJ DCT SNOWY KJFK  ). I copied this exact line in my EHAMEDDL.fpl file, but even that didn't work (still same error as above).

I hope that someone could clarify the way on how to create coroutes and if there is maybe an easier way (that put the correct airways and waypoints with the requested to/via/dct words in it) and if possible with free programs/websites.

Thanks.

Olivier

Oliver,  Mac is NOTORIOUS for hiding the true file extension.  If you right click on the files you created and do a "Get Info", the true filename will be shown.  Most of the time it will say something like:   EHAMEDDL.fpl.txt even though in the Finder, you only see  EHAMEDDL.fpl

If you remove the .txt in the GetInfo dialog Box....you will then see a dialog asking you which file extension you would like to use.  Select .fpl and then give it another go.

-tkyler