Entering ZFW, Fuel, and INTC CRS

kap1121

Hi,

i may may have missed something, but when entering perf data, I am only able to populate the GW column. Are we not required to populate the ZFW and the aircraft calculates the GW? It's also weird that whatever GW I do put in, changes to another value. This becomes problematic when setting ref speeds for takeoff as well as landing.

When entering plan fuel, I get a gizmo error page pop up. And can not start the engines. 

Lastly, is there an INTC CRS (intercept course) function? So I can activate vectors to final? Does the FMC also auto sequence waypoints? If I get vectored in for an ils one fix prior to the planned fix, will it auto sequence the following fix?

thanks,

Andrew

Your absolutely right about interning the zero fuel weight. In the real FMC you enter the zero fuel and and the FMC calculates the Gross weight. I also get an invalid entry error when trying to enter zero fuel weight. When I enter a gross weight I get a number in the zero fuel weight and the gross weight number I entered changes on its own. If I reenter the gross weigh a second time the gross weight doesn't change on its own and the zero fuel weigh is okay also. In the real world you never enter the gross weight you only enter the ZFW.

2 hours ago, Hotdawg said:

Your absolutely right about interning the zero fuel weight. In the real FMC you enter the zero fuel and and the FMC calculates the Gross weight. I also get an invalid entry error when trying to enter zero fuel weight. When I enter a gross weight I get a number in the zero fuel weight and the gross weight number I entered changes on its own. If I reenter the gross weigh a second time the gross weight doesn't change on its own and the zero fuel weigh is okay also. In the real world you never enter the gross weight you only enter the ZFW.

Guys, you need to enter ZFW in kg's, not lbs. In the preferences select metric. I think(?) their working to correct this for those of us that still like to use imperial measurements. This had me scratching my head for a while as well.

Edited by Muskoka

Lets suppose your aircraft ZFW is 45592

ZFW has a formating of XXX.X this confuses many people and tries to enter 455.9 (this aircraft can not weight 455 TONS) you have to enter 45.5 (45 tons and a half)

And yes, this aircraft you enter the ZFW and the FMC calculates GW doing ZFW + FUEL

hope this clarifies

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What would you use plan fuel for, then?

If you are still waiting for the plane to finish fueling, and you want to complete your performance/etc. entry, you need to tell the plane "even though I only have 4 tonnes of fuel on board now, I'm going to have 8 tonnes on board when I'm taking off" (for example).

6 hours ago, racingmars said:

If you are still waiting for the plane to finish fueling, and you want to complete your performance/etc. entry, you need to tell the plane "even though I only have 4 tonnes of fuel on board now, I'm going to have 8 tonnes on board when I'm taking off" (for example).

Exactly right - it´s a "precalculation" feature - this way you can read off what your final weight would be (although most pilots SHOULD be able to do this calculation in their head...) and more importantly, the FMC can calculate the path with the "final" weight already, and warn you if you can´t make cruise altitude, for example. Important: ERASE THE PLAN (delete) afterwards, or your FMC will not calculate GW accurately as fuel burns off...

Jan