Moving seat back a little

Hey guys,

it would be nice if you could move the seat back a little bit. I'd like to have a little more space to play around with the viewpoint without suddenly sitting on top of the headrest and it would also be nice to see the full pedestal without moving the waypoint (I know that you can operate the switches through the seat though). I'm sure Jan's belly would appreciate it as well ;)

Have a nice day,

Jan

B733_1.png

B733_2.png

7 minutes ago, kielsf4 said:

Hey guys,

it would be nice if you could move the seat back a little bit. I'd like to have a little more space to play around with the viewpoint without suddenly sitting on top of the headrest and it would also be nice to see the full pedestal without moving the waypoint (I know that you can operate the switches through the seat though). I'm sure Jan's belly would appreciate it as well ;)

Have a nice day,

Jan

B733_1.png

B733_2.png

i new to xplane so i don't know if there is a button for this, but you can try to increase the FOV on the view pop up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

i new to xplane so i don't know if there is a button for this, but you can try to increase the FOV on the view pop up

Yes, I know. You can also change the FOV for any plane in the display settings :) Mine is quite high as you may see in the first screenshot, it's not really what I meant though.

5 minutes ago, kielsf4 said:

Yes, I know. You can also change the FOV for any plane in the display settings :) Mine is quite high as you may see in the first screenshot, it's not really what I meant though.

yeah i know, but i thought you wanted to move back in order to have a better overall view, so increasing the FOV could help you until someone can solve your issue :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, Litjan said:

I hear ya, guys. We have that on our list for future improvements. Looking at that picture hurts me... :lol:

Jan

Any word on this or is there an easy fix?  I just bought this plane, and honestly, I simply can't get "comfortable" in the cockpit.  Seems I'm simply crammed up to the front, not sure why.  When I back up, there's a headrest or seat in my way to see the center console.  Any ideas or tips?  I searched the forum and this came up.

By comparison if it matters, I can get completely comfortable in the PMDG 737 easily, and they even include recommended POV's in the manual.

Thanks!

I can´t say anything about PMDG´s 737, as I don´t own that one - but I can say that I have been sitting an awful lot of time in both front seats of the real 737-300 and I am very satisfied with the way the cockpit dimensions and seat positions are represented in our model.

There is no single "perfect" head position in the real 737, you have to constantly swivel, lean and adjust a bit, dependent on where you are looking and what panel you are working on.

I concede that this feels inconvenient in a virtual flight-simulator where you can´t move about as easily, but I have been battling making concessions to "usability" over "realism" for a few years now, and will continue to do so in this case as well. :)

You can easily get the real manuals for the 737-300 on the internet, and they give some hints for recommended eye position, but it will not be suitable for working on the overhead panel or center pedestal.

I recommend to set up a few different views with the CTRL-NumPad keys (recall with NumPad key, only) to allow some flexibility. Enlarging the FOV in X-Plane will also help to "see more" of the panels without craning the head around so much.

I hope this helps, Jan

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply!  Still tinkering with the viewpoint.  Trying to figure out the height/angle and front/back for a good view when seated in the Captains seat.

Would it be possible to see a screenshot of your preferred (realistic) view when sitting in the seat looking forward for general flying?  For some reason in the IXEG I'm much closer to the panel than I am in the PMDG so trying to adjust.  By no means is this a knock against your plane at all, yours is probably the more accurate of the two!  Just trying to find a good FOV setting and up/down/back/forward.  I'm running a 3440x1440 screen if it matters, but often fly in a narrower window when sneaking in some actual work on long legs (or should I say sneaking in some XP while I *should* be working ha).  So, a general idea of what I am shooting for would be great.

For some reason, the "view presets" when hovering to the bottom left of screen are all out of whack on my machine and don't show what they should when I click them (offset a good bit, like pedestal just shows my seat bottom for example).  The same presets on the Saab work well by comparison, I'm sure it's something on my end, so just trying to get it looking nice.

Thanks again, awesome aircraft you guys have created!

Upon some more tinkering, it seems whenever I click either popup panel on the left, my FOV is getting reset to 60, and occasionally 20.

When I manually set it in rendering settings to 90 things look quite nice.  I wasn't aware it kept getting reset when I clicked on the ground services panel for instance.  Seems that's why I'm so zoomed in all the time and felt like I was crammed to the panel.  I'll have to investigate this further.

I know there is a slider on the "preset views" popup that works the FOV, but it too gets reset to 60 simply by sliding my mouse to the left of the screen.