The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Hi everyone,

we have finished another short preview video, you can find it on our IXEG youtube channel or by directly following the link below.

No, the plane isn´t done yet, the bulk of the remaining work lies within the FMS algorithms, and of course there are some loose ends all around that need to be tied up.

I hope this video will get you over the holidays, and that this Christmas is the last one you have to spend without the IXEG 737-300 sitting in your aircraft folder!

Merry Christmas, Jan

• Upvote 7

Holy mother, first of I can say there is no airplane out today for both xp and fs that is this detail in simulation. Outstanding job guys.

Second, have an merry christmas to you all, take care of your families and friends and let the plane dev rest for the holidays.

Thank you for all your work and effort into this plane, looking forward to it for sure.

Yeah really amazing! Thanks a lot for this great video!

It seems it needs a lot of knowledge to recover from such a failure, doesn't it? I mean it is not extermely complicated when you know it, but do someone know if there is a document where all these failures (and the way we have to recover them) are explained? I dont think IXEG is going to make such a video of every failure that can happen :)

Yeah really amazing! Thanks a lot for this great video!<br /><br />It seems it needs a lot of knowledge to recover from such a failure, doesn't it? I mean it is not extermely complicated when you know it, but do someone know if there is a document where all these failures (and the way we have to recover them) are explained? I dont think IXEG is going to make such a video of every failure that can happen :)

<br /><br />A detailed manual is deffintely going to be included. Probably very similiar to the real FCOM.
  • Upvote 1

I couldn't say at this time.  We will be discussing it however in the next few weeks.  Certainly we want our 737 to be fully representative of the real aircraft.  Nearing 4.5 years of development though, we are about ready to concede a few things for our initial release, especially less frequently used features.  Now that being said, we do not plan to rest on any laurels should we receive any after the release.  There is a "line" that we have set for ourselves prior to release.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

TomK

• Upvote 1

The state of the cabin is shown in Jan's 4-video series on our IXEG YouTube channel...re: cold and dark startup.    We moved from the cabin work to the FMS a good while back and will indeed revisit the cabin to bring it up several notches prior to release...but for now, what you see in those videos is where it is now.  Not up to our release standards, but a placeholder till we get back to it.  the 3D goes very fast compared to other works.  I expect we'll rework the entire cabin within a 2 week window of time in the near future.

TomK

• Upvote 2

I couldn't say at this time. We will be discussing it however in the next few weeks. Certainly we want our 737 to be fully representative of the real aircraft. Nearing 4.5 years of development though, we are about ready to concede a few things for our initial release, especially less frequently used features. Now that being said, we do not plan to rest on any laurels should we receive any after the release. There is a "line" that we have set for ourselves prior to release. We'll just have to wait and see.

TomK

Sure hope we get a full professional version at first release