The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

Part 2 of KILM > KJFK is up a bit early

I haven´t seen any landing but I think that if you create some  announcements (like x737 after landing,you can feel  like if there are flight attendants back in the cabin ) but real ones not like A320Neo.

It would give the touch of realism that makes x plane a immersive experience

This is best addon (even unfinished) an that kind of things will make it awsome...

Jan, amazing job! I´d pay for a  Pilots´eye  style of video showing you how to operate 737.

Edited by Javier

The videos tend to make things a bit dark unfortunately due to all sorts of compression and conversion issues.  So here is a direct from sim screen shot of what it looks like with everything cranked up, albeit on an overcast day so its dark on purpose.  This is what the "lucky ones" with a 4GB video card will probably get to fly with.  MAYBE the 2GB VRAM crowd depending on other settings.  This is max everything at 1920x1080.  My 512 card was giving me....oh....about 10sec / frame.  Here you can see the quality of the texturing and lighting a bit better.

B733_2.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 7

The videos tend to make things a bit dark unfortunately due to all sorts of compression and conversion issues.  So here is a direct from sim screen shot of what it looks like with everything cranked up, albeit on an overcast day so its dark on purpose.  This is what the "lucky ones" with a 4GB video card will probably get to fly with.  MAYBE the 2GB VRAM crowd depending on other settings.  This is max everything at 1920x1080.  My 512 card was giving me....oh....about 10sec / frame.  Here you can see the quality of the texturing and lighting a bit better.  

:angry: Mac! Same problem here!

Edited by airfighter

Great project Guys and Great Job can hardly wait

What Frankfort Scenery are you using in your pictures on your website and were can I download it? I fly out of Frankfort every 28 days back to Canada

Thanks

Steve Hopkins

Hi Steve,

iirc it is the "default" EDDF scenery by Aerosoft. It might not be included in all versions of X-Plane, I think there were some regionalized ones without the Aerosoft airports.

Jan

Jan

Thanks for your quick response. I don't seem to have that scenery when I initially installed the X-PLANE I only installed North America and then I installed the HD Mesh Scenery for Europe. I wonder if installing the default Europe scenery will rectify the problem ?

Sadly I will not be able to check until I get home on the 8th of April as I'm working overseas

Again thank you for your quick response

Steve H

B733_2.pngThe PMDG of x-plane :)

Made my day Morten

Hi Tom,

I´d rather answer you here than on youtube :-)

The FD usage policy varies from airline to airline. I´d like to venture out and say that the more trust an airline has into the flying ability of it´s pilots, the less stringent the call for use of automatic flight systems is.

There are some airlines that won´t even let their pilots use "manual thrust", arguing that the autothrottle is more attentive to the speed situation. How sad is that?

Same goes for the autopilot and flight-director. I have seen people pluck themselves into the ground in the simulator with those cross-bars firmly centered.

The autopilot is a great tool, and the flight-director can be used to improve your precision, but there are situations were both are inappropriate. The visual part of a non-precision approach is one of those.

Jan

• Upvote 2