The B737 Classic Project

Morten XPFW

It is part of the flap that would be in the jetblast of the engine if if extended at the same angle as the rest of the flap. Therefore it is separate from the rest of the trailing edge flap and only lowers to a lesser angle.

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 1

Just a little thing that I noticed - the red line on the front gear bay door should be a lot closer to the actual gear.  :)

Assuming the plane is at Zero weight, then most of these shots are correct, however, yes, the plane does sit a little lower, but the distance is neglible

Just a little thing that I noticed - the red line on the front gear bay door should be a lot closer to the actual gear.  :)

Correct, small bug, texture is reversed.  Don't forget, these are work in progress shots, so don't look too close

at the details yet. Stuff still missing, like registration numbers on the doors. So more details will be in soon.

Edited by Morten IXEG

It might be a little too heavy on the frames to have a bunch of these babies flying around at the same time though. Sure they would look fantastic as AI too but I don't think my system could handle more than one at the same time and not look like a slide show. For AI traffic there are really nice packages from the XPFW Project that are both great looking and frames friendly, and still keep normal flying characteristics and basic parts animations, like flaps and thrust reversers, lights and such. Googling XPFW AI I was able to find 737-Classic, 737-800, 747-400, 787-800 and A380. They come with several nicely done liveries and are free.

I recently got a hold of some Hi-Rez screenshots (Thanks to the guy with the 4Gig graphicscard ;) ). Here are two for now:

post-3933-0-44635200-1368537124_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-82797300-1368537165_thumb.pn

Edit - I just realized that the forum software cuts these down to smaller rez again :angry: . Let´s see if I find someone who knows how to avoid this...

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2

Ha, I already noticed in one of the exterior shots but wasn't sure about it, now I see it really IS there! I mean the metal "pouch" mounted on top of the dashboard for storing checklists and stuff (and it almost looks like there's a sheet of paper in it). You guys never cease to amaze me!

Litjan: Maybe just upload them to dropbox and post a link?