Heavy Metal - Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic Paint Kit

Cameron

Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic Paint Kit

View File

This file is the paint kit to allow customers to create and re-distribute liveries for the Take Command!: IXEG 737 Classic.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact any of us here in the IXEG section of the forums!

• Upvote 2

Now that's a proper paintkit! Look at all these layers...

One question though, where are the wings? I've noticed there are a few wing variants on the supplied liveries, why isn't there a wink kit to play with those? Plus I'd love to paint winglets and I assume they're on that texture (since there's no way of knowing what each part of the map is until I get the model in 5 hours or so).

Thanks for this though, now I can have a barebones version of my own livery for launch!

Winglets are on the fuselage map. Wings are fixed as are, thus no kit for these.

Oh ok, are they the White/grey triangles near the centre of the fuselage texture? Was wondering what those are!

Hm, I could've sworn I saw a metallic and a white wing. I guess not? Or can we just choose one of those from other liveries if we decide to publish?

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Maestaru said:

What software is used to paint this kit?  And are there instructions for producing a finished product that is livery level?  Thanks

most common software people use to make a livery is Photoshop (paid) or GIMP (free).

There are several youtube tutorial videos, search there something like "how to paint a livery gimp" or "how to paint a livery photoshop". It takes lot of time, patience, experimentation and persistence to understand and learn to make, specially if you are unfamiliar to image editing tools.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Cactus4 said:

I have a question regarding the Engine file: It seems I am missing part of the textures. The attached screenshots shows what I see when I open the file B733 PaintKitEng. Can anyone help? Thank you!

ixegpkeng.png

Hi Cactus4

If you are missing some of the parts of the actual kit then I would firstly make sure that all the little eyes by the side of all the different parts on the right hand side are showing. Some of them have sub groups. If they are then I'm not sure why it won't show but I can happily send you the copy of the paint kit I got when I purchased the IXEG.