A little finding...

PilotNuts

To celebrate the upcoming release of IXEG 737 Classics, I opened up one of my earliest downloaded aircraft back in I was using XP9: the XPFW 737-300, just wanted to start to have some feeling of the 737 Classics again. To my surprise, I found this:

B737-300_v9_beta2.jpg

Look at those little words on the bottom of the picture... It's our dear @Morten and @tkyler!

I wonder if there's any connection between this and IXEG 737 Classics...

Anyway, let's all enjoy this upcoming weekend!:P

Edited by PilotNuts
  • Upvote 2

To celebrate the upcoming release of IXEG 737 Classics, I opened up one of my earliest downloaded aircraft back in I was using XP9: the XPFW 737-300, just wanted to start to have some feeling of the 737 Classics again. To my surprise, I found this:

B737-300_v9_beta2.jpg

Look at those little words on the bottom of the picture... It's our dear @Morten and @tkyler!

Anyway, let's all enjoy this upcoming weekend![emoji14]

Ah the XPFW says, good times. Seems like yesterday that I was flying their 767, 747,757 and 737

• Upvote 1

I just re-downloaded that for a trip down memory lane - My first ever published airline livery was for that plane! Oh my! And I only published that 6 months after the very first IXEG video was released - And 1 month before the IXEG blog came online! 

Oh, and its amazing to think how far we've come... I remember this being jaw-dropping when I first saw it! 

B733_1.png

EDIT: Ok, Ok, so I couldn't resist re-downloading my old file and trying it - I probably haven't set eyes on that work since 2011... By my standards now it is dodgy as (14-year old me would be in awe of me now) but there is really something special about it :wub: And hey, still better than I expected from myself!B733_2.png

Edited by jiggyb2
Added Nostalgia
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, PilotNuts said:

Yes, Tom and I go back many years to XPFW, also Peter and Cam has helped us out.  So basically you can say the 733 has been in development well over a decade.  If I recall correct, the XPFW 733 was the first heavy in XP to have a "somewhat" working 3D cockpit many years ago.  Remember showing it off  in xCannes in 2005.  Here is a pic of the event.  See if you can spot young versions of us and Austin. (Think Cam was too young at the time ;) )

EDIT:  Wrong pic, thisone is from 2005 in Cannes, below is from 2009 in Paris.

P6250013.jpg

Good old days :) 

2.JPG

X-Plane has made progress...

733_29.jpg

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Morrigan said:

It's like Tom doesn't even age. Probably a monthly bath in tears of impatient customers. 

I'm staring at him right now. He ages. A lot. :P

8 hours ago, Morten said:

Think Cam was too young at the time

I can see myself in one of them at least. ;)

We all certainly do go way back. For those unaware, I started the X-Plane Freeware Project back in December of 1999. Morten came on as on of the first members on the team and has been a nagging ache in my life ever since! 

• Upvote 3