IXEG 737 Classic Release Announcement

Cameron

Captains,

After six years of development the IXEG 737 Classic has been cleared to land! We're officially announcing Saturday, April 23, 2016 as the release date. Thanks to @froogle for also visiting the office to share his enthusiasm of the product and putting a mix on our traditional way of announcing releases! You're awesome, dude! :)

There's been a lot of discussion over the last few years showcasing what to expect from this product, so we won't go too far into that, but I would like to provide a little bit more information for you...

Release time:

When we make announcements like this we make every attempt to get the product out close to midnight time the day of release. This means for some it may be Friday night if you are located in the USA. I cannot provide an exact time, but I would anticipate a release window between 12am-2am EST.

Pricing:

We will be announcing price (as we always do) once the product page is up and running. More details about the product as a whole will be there too.

Liveries:

There will be 20 liveries included upon release. They are:

• Air Berlin
  • Air France
  • Air Italy
  • America West
  • British Airways
  • Condor
  • Delta Retro
  • Iberia
  • IXEG
  • Jet2
  • Linjeflyg
  • Lufthansa
  • Lufthansa Retro
  • Norwegian
  • SAS
  • Southwest New
  • Transaero
  • United (tulip)
  • US Air
  • Varig

We will be including a paint kit at release time. I want to caution people about attempting to make this thread about livery requests. Within a very short period of time I can promise you will see many free liveries out there on the various download libraries, so don't panic if you're initial request is not present in the above list!

Manuals:

The package will come with quite a bit of documentation, but we don't want this aircraft to be intimidating. Yes, it's definitely a study level simulation, but the included tutorials come in PDF and video form. While there's a lot to learn, we've made it as interactive and fun as possible for you. Reading big FCOMs can get rather boring to a lot of people, so we hope you enjoy this! We also recommend Mike Rays 737 handbook as a compliment to this product. His book is excellent and works quite nicely as a follow along guide for this product!

Server load:

I have noted a number of folks concerned about whether we can handle the initial demand. At X-Aviation, we have had some rather big releases in recent time and come to know what to expect pretty well with releases like this. The IXEG 737 release will be no different, and the installer will detect your location and balance the server loads appropriately. We anticipate a very smooth (and fast) experience for our customers. A lot of time is invested from our side to ensure you have a good experience with this!

More than anything, and on behalf of @tkyler, @Litjan, @Morten@Nils, @Ben Russell and myself, we want to say thank you for your continued interest, support, and motivation to keep going on this journey. It's been a long time coming, and our excitement is at an all-time high this week. None of this would be possible with you guys, our fans.

Now, plan your routes, sit back, and light up those X-Plane skies with the 737 Classic this weekend! We know you guys will do us proud...you always do!

Cheers!

Cameron

B733_RD1.jpg

B733_RD2.jpg

Where is all began years ago...

IMG_1023 copy_1200.jpg

• Upvote 34
  • Downvote 1

Thank you IXEG. This will not be a game changer, but the level above that. reeeally looking forward to this.

I guess you guys also are very excited that you are finally releasing this. The mass of wolfs are now for sure gonna find things that you dident discover under the beta testing. Even Jan's excellent expertice can't detect everything that the unskilled (talking mainly about me) sofa pilots will find and do. Doing procedures that never exist etc.  Things that you think are correct, but are not. Mainly not flying the aircraft like it supposed to do. :)

Anyway. It will be a great weekend. The plan now is to make routes, download airports and prepare for the release. 

Thanks again. :)

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Fantastic news from a fantastic team of people.  Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.  Congratulations to IXEG on the release of something I know you all have put a piece of your soul into.  It's time to push the baby bird out of the nest to see if it flies.

Hmm... so who are we supposed to pester now about unreleased products? Maybe Cameron and his Citation?