X plane crashing after skymaxx error

asif90988

• 1 month later...

I have to disagree. For some reason over the past week, skymaxx 3.1.2 has been the last item in my log.txt file showing skymaxx has caused xplane to crash. I now also have reloaded skymaxx and real weather and every time I go into switch from loading real weather from automatic to always setting...it crashes within seconds. I have not added any addons at all and I am very upset that skymaxx / real weather keeps crashing. I believe the product is amazing because it really helps tremendously with fps. If anyone can explain why I am having these issues all of a sudden, please let me know.

Side note to all. BOTH Skymaxx and Real weather are AWESOME products, just over the past week there have been some bugg issues and I don't know why.

IMG_20160528_093108.jpg

Not out of VRAM. it shows 777.47 and I have 2g VRAM. I am just baffled. I have redownload skymaxx and realweather thinking its missing something and still crashes. I have never had i problem before this so I just can't figure it out. It just started occurring and it will fly for about 15 minutes on automatic but will then crash. I use NOAA weather so that why I put it on always setting. All NOAA files are up to date also so that has been checked.

2016-05-28 09.50.42.jpg

2016-05-28 09.51.09.jpg

2016-05-28 09.54.18.jpg

You can't go by what X-Plane's rendering options menu says for VRAM. That only counts textures used by X-Plane. SMP's control panel says you only have 433 MB of VRAM available, which is more accurate. However, that should be enough.

I suppose it's possible that your new nav data triggered an ATC error exposed by some existing scenery you had installed. If you post your log.txt file after experiencing a crash, it might tell us more about what happened.

Sundog

Yeah I can't figure out what happened. A few weeks ago the log.txt file said Skymaxx caused the crash. Got past it after redownloading Skymaxx (2x's) and then yesterday when it crashed would not say why the application crashed but it would always be at the metars.exe file or something of that nature at the very last line. After about 5 tries, I let the system idle for about 20 minutes and then I went to switch real world weather to "always" and this time it did not crash and has been fine ever since.

I would never fly without Skymaxx and that's why I put up a post because I saw just recently someone else had an issue and thought maybe I was missing an update.

Again kudos to all your hard work. Real weather and Skymaxx are the two MOST have addons and I will always be a customer and user of your software.

I've had some odd crashes very lately (on loading XP, but very occasionally during a flight).   Using XP on a 5K iMac with 32Gb or RAM and a 4Gb graphics card.   I wouldn't have thought memory was an issue, but with a load of scenery and plugins, who knows?

Today, it started happening again, and I noticed SMP was the culprit at the end of log.txt.

I moved the SilverLining and Real Weather Connector folders out of plugins, and order was restored.  I then deleted "settings.dat" in the SilverLining folder, and put each folder back.  All seems OK again.  We'll see.........

If you turned up the cloud draw area, that can demand extra memory from your system that might not be available if you're running with lots of custom scenery. By deleting settings.dat, you restored it to its default setting, which may have allowed you to stay within your system's memory capabilities.