SMP+ RWX+ NOAA

ioliver

Quite a few questions here :-)

Firstly  XP 10.45, Win 10 64bit, i7, Nvidia PTX970, SkyMaxxPro 3.1.1, RWC 1.0, NOAA (latest)

Question 1:

I don't see precipitation anywhere, even when the METAR clearly has RA or -RA in its contents.

Question 2:

Frame rates seem to have dropped significantly - I normally aim for 30-40, now I have around 20 (Peters A319 is the aircraft of choice).

Question 3:

Is NOAA really required any more when running with SMP and RWC ?

thanks

Ian

1. Neither SkyMaxx Pro nor RWC have anything to do with X-Plane's precipitation effects. That is still managed by X-Plane itself, and we don't interfere with it.

2. You are probably running out of video memory (VRAM.) Check what's displayed in the SMP configuration screen. If the amount of free VRAM is just a few hundred MB or less, then you need to turn down some settings. Aircraft texture resolution works for some people, or you can reduce the cloud draw area setting if you increased it previously.

3. The main thing NOAA gives you when used with RWC is upper level winds outside of the US. If you don't need that, then you can probably just disable it if you're using RWC.

http://x-plane.joanpc.com/plugins/xpgfs-noaa-weather

Hope linking that doesn't get me banned !

And while you're there, take the win-net-install, easy peezy lemon squeezy

Also, on yt search for noaa install etc if you run into any problem/s

Tony

ps : You'll see the Requirements towards the bottom of the page, trust me, if i can install it and not mess up anyone can

Edited by Defiance_co
added text