Cessna 152 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I didn't. I made sure that I saved my modified version as a new filename, and as such I found that it only loses the panels if I try to fly my version - the original works fine in X Plane (though incidentally if I try to view the 2d/3d panels in Plane Maker they are empty slots rather than complete).

Should I try re-installing the package?

Cool to hear you're already working on a new update that addresses the power - like most people here, can't wait to try it. ;)

Oh, meant to say last time. Hopefully this issue will also be fixed in the next update?

I've noticed that the idle revs are way too high (should be around 500-700 rpm at idle). I've been noticing idle speeds of nearly 1000 rpm, which (a) makes the aeroplane lurch off and weathercock as soon as the brakes are off, and (;) really makes the whole thing difficult to land, as you don't actually lose speed during the float.

Like I said hopefully that will also be fixed, but just wanted to air it.

First of all, i must to say, i'm really happy to have this plane! I'm flying it for a couple of days now, and it's a real pleasure.

Since I'm not a real pilot, it is possible that i'm on a completely wrong track here, but i think there is one (well, actually two) too many mark on the DG, 3 big instead of 2, and 4 small instead of 3 between each numbered marks. Not that big of a problem, though, I just thought to let you know ;)

post-2302-131369591967_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OK, here's another question or two about the update....

I've been having a play with the 1.1 version, and I'm very surprised by the speed needed for rotation. Considering rotation is generally at around 55 KIAS, I've been able to get the nose well clear off of the ground at around 15 KIAS. I've also found that ground roll on landing is very, very long, with the nose staying off the ground and the aircraft not really slowing down unless you apply brakes (though this may well be the high idling speed of the engine?).

Lastly, and yes I know this is a very minor point, but the nose wheel steering should only deflect the nose wheel by 10 degrees, and differential brakes should be the only means of being able to turn the nose wheel up to 30 degrees either side of centre.

I'm mentioning these as they are not-quite-so obvious issues in an otherwise lovely aircraft, and I'm hoping it will help with your next release. :)

One of the first things i worked on was the flight characteristics. The stall speeds have rotation speeds have improved.

Ill make sure to work on the landing gear steering, and nose gear rotations. It seems to have alot of prop wash that causes that effect.

Thanks Baz for pointing it those out. :)

:D I posted in the wrong thread.

Hey Rush.

Yes, and yes.

I decided to re unwrap the whole fuselage again. It will be over one file now. I did this to make the pantkit easier to work with.

Most of my time has been used on the flight model and panel. After those things are polished off I ll move back outside.

Here is a screenshot of the current WIP exterior, i'ts very rough right now. :)

Thanks guys for keeping up with the progress!

post-156-131369594462_thumb.jpg