Cessna 152 1.1 Update Released!

Cameron

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I updated the Corvalis and the 152. Either one of this will load right. They are invisible, and the Corvalis panel is screwed up. I have XPlane 9.60 RC2.

Sounds like you didn't update over an old version of the aircraft. The update requires that you update an already installed aircraft, not from scratch.

It was an old version of the plane that I updated. I dragged the contents from the updates folder and put it in the original aircraft folder.

Why did you do that? It's an installer file. You don't drag anything, but rather launch the installer and let it do the work for you just as the update instructions state to do.

I tested again, and set altimeter to visible value 29.9 (indicated as 29.74 on BARO value) and altimeter shows correctly 1893 ft (alt ftmsl and alt indicated are now same).

So problem is probably in calibration of altimeter QNH value with internal XPL value. Maybe related to 9.50, I can update to 9.55 if you want.

Hello !

Same problem here with 9.60rc2. My workaround is to use Visual Altimeter to read the real QNH setting.

altf.jpg

I also confirm the problem with the glide-scope needle.

Happy flying !  8)

Ill take a look at these problems too thanks for pointing them out.

OK, thanks, I will wait.

My summary is for now:

- altimeter  (very important for me)

- power/performance, aircraft is overpowered  (important for me)

- reaction of aircraft when flaps are lowered is too strong (important for me)

- glideslope needle does not work, no ILS approach possible (important for me)

- markers visual indicators do not work  (important for me)

- no ADF (important for me)

- HSI setting button does not work (important for me)

- PaintKit (not important for now)

- description of magnetos are not in sync with switch (not important for now)

- openable doors (not important for now, I will accept if you reject this item)

- Show/Hide Yoke  (not important for now, I will accept if you reject this item)

- flags functions on CDI are reversed (not important for now, I will accept if you reject this item)

- adding autopilot (no problem for me, I give it here to have all comments together)

- windshield glass is dirty (no problem for me, I give it here to have all comments together, we have solution)

• 2 weeks later...

Despite some issues this aircraft is destined to join the list of classics. It is a missing link in a long chain of single engine GA aircraft developed for X-plane where its attention to detail has set the stage. Rather that just slapping a solid color here and there we actually see something that doe not resemble a model aircraft but a real one. For me the interior is extremely important visually. If it is not believable (many are not) then the delete key gets hit even if I paid for it.

The quality of the airplane is actually measured in the interest expressed to make it better. There is a saying in the U.S. Navy that "a bitching crew is a happy crew". Silence means a mutiny is afoot. In X-Plane it means there is no interest in the product.

A little up date on the progress of the update. So far mostly everything reported is fixed. I worked on the flight model also has also been tweaked the rolls are much better than the previous model. The flap performance was also tweaked to be less aggressive. The engine numbers are also being looked at.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Airbus,

i have some difficulties with the magneto switch. It is not so imemdiate to use and sometime is frustrating that you cannot turn off or make a magneto switch check.

The same for the transponder knob, no problem for the "+" but if you have to turn off it the "-" is so hard to hit...

other simmers have this problem?

I fixed the magnetos it will be correct in this up coming patch release.

I can also make that click region larger that should make the transponder switch more assessable.

thanks as usual!!!!!

G

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say that I've just started to get to grips with XPlane, having moved over from FSX and thoroughly loving it, especially the C152.

I got this aircraft as I'm learning to fly in a C152 myself - should be ready for my first solo any day now. And the big issue for me is definitely the power.

The POH clearly states that for both types of engine (the C152 had two variants of Lycoming engine, pre/post 1983) the redline was 2550 rpm, and certainly in the climb you'd actually be luck to reach that. (Interestingly enough, pre-1983 the engine was 110 hp, but this was reduced to 108 hp after 1983, along with modifications to reduce plug-fouling).

This would give you a cruise at around 90-100 KIAS.

Just my tuppence worth.

Lovely design guys, keep up the good work.

BTW - I tried loading it into Plane Maker to make the engine changes myself and saved it as a new filename, but it completely lost the 2D and 3D panels!