Release Date Announcement - Real Weather Connector!

8 hours ago, mgeiss said:

Global winds aloft with x-plane's real weather is planned for 10.50, at least according to the developer blog.

Please, mgeiss, can you point me to the post where they talk about this? FSGRW is a great tool, but if global winds are coming in 10.50 maybe I wait and save those 40€.

EDIT: OK, I found it. For anyone interested it's in the comments of this post :http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/03/x-plane-10-50/#comment-12686

Sorry for the spam...

Edited by liser
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

I am abit disappointed that NOAA plugin isen't supported. But ok.

As I understand, default x-plane weahter is downloaded every 60 minutes ?  Will/can RWC force a more often update?

In X-Plane, you can bind a key or button to reload the default weather. Not as convenient as automatic, but at least that option is there.

13 minutes ago, corsa said:

In X-Plane, you can bind a key or button to reload the default weather. Not as convenient as automatic, but at least that option is there.

Thanks for your reply. But since default x-plane weather dosent have global winds alof (as in 10.45) i will skip that option.

I have to look at FSGRW, but that will add 37 euro to the total to get RWC.

I'm not really sure where this program comes into play..  The product says that you wouldn't be able to see a front of weather ahead of the airplane because it's impossible to access real weather data in far out distances.  But if I'm using FSGRW with the default X-Plane clouds, this isn't a limitation as far as I can tell.  I can see different types of fronts all the time, and fly into overcast from clear skies in some situations.  

So is this plug-in specifically tailored to get around Skymaxx Pro's short comings (not being able to render weather far out) ?

Secondly, I know X-Plane can render only 3 layers of clouds (vertically), which is a huge limitation in my opinion, does this plug-in circumvent that limitation?  And if so, do you NEED skymaxx Pro to take advantage of that?

-Kris

EDIT: Spelling and grammar

Edited by Tiger6k

49 minutes ago, Tiger6k said:

So is this plug-in specifically tailored to get around Skymaxx Pro's short comings (not being able to render weather far out) ?

Yes, although if I were to properly word this, I'd say to get around X-Plane's short comings of not allowing third party plugins access to the same weather data X-Plane's default clouds use. In other words, the ONLY way to get around this was to build a whole new product with a ton of work.

50 minutes ago, Tiger6k said:

Secondly, I know X-Plane can render only 3 layers of clouds (vertically), which is a huge limitation in my opinion, does this plug-in circumvent that limitation?  And if so, do you NEED skymaxx Pro to take advantage of that?

It does circumvent this limitation, yes. We also found 3 layers of clouds to be limiting.

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is required to take advantage of this product. It will NOT work at all without it.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Cameron said:

It does circumvent this limitation, yes. We also found 3 layers of clouds to be limiting.

SkyMaxx Pro v3 is required to take advantage of this product. It will NOT work at all without it.

Thanks for your answer I can dig that.

• Upvote 1

Joan, the sole developer of the NOAA plugin seems to be willing to adapt his plugin to support RWC but requires a free copy of the software to do so. I don't know about anyone else but I'm willing to bet that seems a good idea to all the fellow NOAA users out there

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/72313-noaa-weather-plugin/&page=75

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Locvirtual said:

Joan, the sole developer of the NOAA plugin seems to be willing to adapt his plugin to support RWC but requires a free copy of the software to do so. I don't know about anyone else but I'm willing to bet that seems a good idea to all the fellow NOAA users out there

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/72313-noaa-weather-plugin/&page=75

That would be awesome

20 minutes ago, Locvirtual said:

The last sentence of this post is all you really need to know. ;) http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/72313-noaa-weather-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=1013058

In short, Laminar has lightly touched via public comments that global weather data will soon be available in default X-Plane 10.5. Look for more announcement on this very shortly.

Joan is somewhat telling you he knows more than what's been publicly said, and in not so many words...NOAA will be rendered essentially redundant once this happens. Until Laminar releases more information, I can't speak for them OR him. ;) 

Even this aside, I believe we have now found a way to force this to work even with NOAA prior to X-Plane 10.5. We're still testing this, but it's likely to work.

• Upvote 3

FSrealWX coupled with XPrealWX plugin basically acts like XP default real weather in that it parses metar data, taken from VATSIM, IVAO or NOAA servers, to the file metar.rwx injecting meteo conditions into XP at given time and/or distance intervals. So it should work fine with RWC. It provides a 20 days free trial for testing.

FSrealWX coupled with XPrealWX plugin basically acts like XP default real weather in that it parses metar data, taken from VATSIM, IVAO or NOAA servers, to the file metar.rwx injecting meteo conditions into XP at given time and/or distance intervals. So it should work fine with RWC. It provides a 20 days free trial for testing.

If it is as per your description then yes, it would work fine!