IXEG 737 Progress Update - April 10th

Cameron

17 minutes ago, SRSR333 said:

I've been extremely silently following these Progress Updates since two years ago, and I've seen the IXEG 737 go from having steam engine gauges to the near-complete marvel it is today. I'd say this gives PMDG a massive run for its money, and hopefully it'll be a well-tested, bug-free release which I'll enjoy from the get-go. Well done to the entire IXEG team, from @Litjan, to @tkyler and @Cameron and others who've spent all their free time on this. Coupled with the x737 3D cockpit, my short-haul liner hangar will be more complete than it is now. 

Nothing is bug free, not even the real aircraft has bug free systems! Be sure some quirks will arise when released for such a massive complex detailed simulation.

Anyway, i fully agree with you the IXEG bird will raise the bar substantially on xplane and i am quite confident we will get a marvelous product for the money that they been working on for years with passion and proper skills.

• Upvote 3

Don't ask me why, but I seriously think it's gonna be in our hands literally in a few days. I mean, if Jan says 'days' then I seriously think he means literally days. Oke, maybe a few more days than a single week. But not months. 

In the mean time IXEG is laughing out loud to us while reading our comments :P

Edited by FSSteven

17 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Nothing is bug free

Of course, nothing is. But what I meant by 'bug-free' was with respect to other X-Plane simulations. For example, there's a rather well-known simulation of the B777-200LR in X-Plane (I don't want to mention developers) but cutting to the chase: it required a user to fix bugs (such as a wrong font - is it that hard to purchase the correct weight of Futura to use in the cockpit?) and completely re-model the 3D cockpit to more accurately match the plane; the plane still is rather buggy but I still fly it because my only other option is the BAW 777 in the Other Aircraft folder in X-Plane, which is even worse since it uses the default X-Plane FMS and a 2D cockpit.

All I want is a plane that just works, looks realistic and flies realistically. Furthermore, if the plane messes up (or I mess up while flying it), I can follow the proper procedures instead of doing some half-baked unrealistic nonsense. 

I especially look forward to the IXEG 737 since it's halfway between a full steam and a full glass cockpit. I'm getting tired of pushing LNAV and VNAV and following the magenta line on the 77L.

Edited by SRSR333
  • Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, SRSR333 said:

I especially look forward to the IXEG 737 since it's halfway between a full steam and a full glass cockpit. I'm getting tired of pushing LNAV and VNAV and following the magenta line on the 77L.

Agree.  I don't fly the PMDG 777 as much because it's really just a button pusher and FMC simulator.  I could fly it with VORs and hand fly it, but once I got the FlyJSim 732 I realized there's more fun on that side.  I think this version is the best place for *me* to be - FMC but as Jan pointed out in the video, you can fly it almost any way you want to if you know the systems.

Also, the cockpit sounds in the last video seem spot on for real life.  I fly as a passenger for work on 737s often, and the engine surge sounds and cadence in the video gave me chills.

Put the champagne on ice fellas and get ready to celebrate.... :)

• Upvote 3

On 4/12/2016 at 3:58 PM, Morten said:

Generally, we don't comment on other designers work.  We are confident that the quality of our aircraft is good enough to stand it's ground nicely on it's own.

Besides, our view is that the more other quality aircraft there is for X-Plane (freeware or payware) the better for everyone.  The real competitors are other platforms, and we hope that both the x737 and IXEG 737 will help attract more users to X-Plane -> which again will attract more designers... etc.

What an eloquent (and quietly confident) response. Thought leadership right there. ;) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FSSteven said:

Don't ask me why, but I seriously think it's gonna be in our hands literally in a few days. I mean, if Jan says 'days' then I seriously think he means literally days. Oke, maybe a few more days than a single week. But not months. 

In the mean time IXEG is laughing out loud to us while reading our comments :P

I have the exact same feeling about that :D 

Since I watched the video (and heard what Jan said) I nearly check the ixeg.net site every 2 hours for a text that says "released - available now" :D

• Upvote 5

TBH i don´t think they´ll make it that exciting for all of us and just throw that beauty out, without announcing it WAY before. They´ll probably tell us the exact release date 3-4 weeks before its actually happening. :-) 

BUT i hope i am completely wrong here and we´ll have it in our hands next friday or so. haha ;)

Edited by HerrSchwarz
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HerrSchwarz said:

TBH i don´t think they´ll make it that exciting for all of us and just throw that beauty out, without announcing it WAY before. They´ll probably tell us the exact release date 3-4 weeks before its actually happening. :-) 

BUT i hope i am completely wrong here and we´ll have it in our hands next friday or so. haha ;)

Well, I think that they'll announce the release maybe two days before or so. We will see! I think this is X-Aviations choice. :D

I hope you are right with your prediction of next friday haha :D Today they released the RWC and next friday the IXEG - what a dream! :P 

Oh boy, I am getting excited :D 

Anyways, is it still the plan to release the tutorial videos in advance and then the plane? I'm asking because Jan said that hopefully you'll be able to release it "within not too many days" but also that the next videos will be the tutorial videos "for the real thing." So does "real thing" imply a finished plane (I suppose he didn't mean the real real thing ;))?

P.S. The wait is unbearable again, last month I was very busy with school so luckily I didn't have time to think about this beauty at all. Now all the assignments are finished and I have like two weeks off, but the hangar is still empty :D.

4 hours ago, SRSR333 said:

hopefully it'll be a well-tested, bug-free release which I'll enjoy from the get-go.

I don't think any new release has ever been that fortunate!  We do thank you for the kind words though as Cameron says, and we do anticipate bugs somewhere...there are over 300,000 nav aid points, in all sorts of combinations...but we have put a goodly amount of work in to writing some debug tools and getting ready to process bug reports and fixes as quickly as we can.  We certainly don't intend to sit around after the release.

-tkyler

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, ONDR4.cz said:

Anyways, is it still the plan to release the tutorial videos in advance and then the plane?

The plan is to release video tutorials that go WITH the plane...that is the product will come with several PDF tutorial documents, and each will have an accompanying video.  We had thought about releasing them prior to release, but that probably won't happen...things moving fast you know ;)  In addition, these will be "private" videos on YouTube where you will get the links to the videos in the tutorial PDFs that come with the plane.  We don't mind if the links get shared around though, TBH.

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 16

Quick question.

Does the IXEG WRX radar work fine with real weather connector?

It seems that the grid resolution for cloud positioning on RWC is much higher compared to Default xplane.

Can you guys tell us more how your custom WRX depicts rain cells?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Not at this time.

Given the nature of the teams under the X-Aviation banner we'll be looking into ways to make this happen.

Does the weather radar works with the built in real weather system? And if it does, I'm assuming the weather radar will show what x plane 10 is giving even though RWC is installed. 

Edited by poodster

At the moment the only source of WX radar data is X-Planes built in glass panel display.

The X-Plane WX Radar data is filtered using various drawing techniques to provide a more authentic data display.

I believe Nils is responsible for the IXEG radar systems so I can't comment on exactly what is going on but he's put in a lot of work to make it special for you. :)

I'm pretty sure you can see a bunch of the effects in some of the published videos.

• Upvote 1

@Jan

In your last video, when you were manual flying, you disable the speed autopilot on the panel but the A/T was still on, could you move the throttle manually even with A/T on?

I thought the only way to move manually the throttle was when you were in hold mode on the FMA

CMB

Sent from Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

@Jan

In your last video, when you were manual flying, you disable the speed autopilot on the panel but the A/T was still on, could you move the throttle manually even with A/T on?

I thought the only way to move manually the throttle was when you were in hold mode on the FMA

The pilot has control over the thrust levers when the servos are disconnected, e.g. when the A/T is in ARM or HOLD mode.

Edited by Nils
  • Upvote 2

Will datarefs be exposed enough that I can hook into them to run my Goflight hardware? Pollypot software is getting ready to release a new version of their software for XPX and I really want to make this aircraft work with my Goflight MCPPro and radios.

10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Will datarefs be exposed enough that I can hook into them to run my Goflight hardware? Pollypot software is getting ready to release a new version of their software for XPX and I really want to make this aircraft work with my Goflight MCPPro and radios.

There may be a topic on this in the General Discussions forum, but I am not 100% sure.

On 15-4-2016 at 8:10 PM, flymia said:

I have the exact same feeling about that :D 

Since I watched the video (and heard what Jan said) I nearly check the ixeg.net site every 2 hours for a text that says "released - available now" :D

I admit, since that last video I check this forum on a 'I'm addicted' basis e.g. first thing you do when you wake up: check IXEG forum, and last thing you do before you go to sleep: check IXEG forum, when going to toilet: bring mobile with you and check IXEG forum. 

Edited by FSSteven
  • Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Slayer said:

I asked the same question in my topic, the answer was that when the plane is released the team will release the data refs for us home cockpit builders. Or at least provide help with documentation. :)

• Upvote 1