IXEG 737 Progress Update - April 10th

Cameron

A couple of weeks ago @Litjan posted a video on YouTube showing off LNAV and VNAV operation. This was a two series part, and part two has just been posted today.

I am linking to both parts 1 and 2 here, but obviously if you've seen the earlier version the second video is the one which will interest you most now. :)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Very cool.

I don't fly any aircraft with a FMC, and never have.  I'm an old school pilot that still revels in VOR to VOR with DME equipment.  I've looked at the freeware and payware FMC's that are available for XPlane, but they all seem to have some issue or another to contend with, so I've avoided them.  After watching these videos for the past few months, this is the bird that is going to drag me kicking and screaming into a modern(ish) FMC cockpit.  I can't believe I'm going to be joining the button pusher club ;-]

Lastly, I really like the fact this aircraft is a transitional aircraft.  One that still harkens back to the steam gauge era cockpit, but hasn't been transformed into a full blown flat screen filled office cubical.

Very cool that this is the last preview video before release.  I've tried to glean as much operational info from these videos, so I'm really glad you are going to make some tutorial vids after release.  

I'm usually a wait and see buyer, but this will be a first day purchase for me.

Thanks for the effort.  It's about to payoff for the team.

Tim

Edited by Tim013
  • Upvote 5

It was hard to hear your voice, but is the fact that you approached to the right of the runway due to the nav data from aerosoft or the fmc itself? 

EDIT: 

Btw, I love the scratches on the windshield and the shake effect!

Edited by poodster

Very cool.

I don't fly any aircraft with a FMC, and never have.  I'm an old school pilot that still revels in VOR to VOR with DME equipment.  I've looked at the freeware and payware FMC's that are available for XPlane, but they all seem to have some issue or another to contend with, so I've avoided them.  After watching these videos for the past few months, this is the bird that is going to drag me kicking and screaming into a modern(ish) FMC cockpit.  I can't believe I'm going to be joining the button pusher club ;-]

Lastly, I really like the fact this aircraft is a transitional aircraft.  One that still harkens back to the steam gauge era cockpit, but hasn't been transformed into a full blown flat screen filled office cubical.

Very cool that this is the last preview video before release.  I've tried to glean as much operational info from these videos, so I'm really glad you are going to make some tutorial vids after release.  

I'm usually a wait and see buyer, but this will be a first day purchase for me.

Thanks for the effort.  It's about to payoff for the team.

Tim

I think more videos will be released before v1.0 is live

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi i know speculation about release date is pointless , but i was wondering at 30:50 Jan said "hopefully in not too many days we will be able to release this". Is this a rough translation from a German saying or did he actually mean release is days away at this point? (posted the same on the youtube vid comments but i figure it's a better shot if i post it here)

8 hours ago, poodster said:

due to the nav data from aerosoft or the fmc itself? 

Jan mentioned that this airport was not in the Aerosoft airport database (because it has no procedures)...and was simply demonstrating that we read the x-plane airport file in addition to the database data... just in case one were to enter a "small airport" as Jan did.   The airport runway threshold data is given in lat/lon, which are, of course, very discrete points....so I couldn't say as to what causes the misalignment in this video, its certainly not ubiquitous.  We have seen some issues with the magnetic variation and truth be told,  there are probably some spots in code I specify true when the database data is magnetic and so we just have to find these one by one....but that should not affect "defined" lat/lon points like runway endpoints, only calculated ones,  .....so it is something we'll investigate some time in the future.  

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 6

Someone on a facebook group noticed something about the lights on the 737.

"  In this video you get strobe/beacon/strobe/beacon/strobe... in perfect order. Now a 737-300 is old, it doesnt have a box synchronising its lights. The strobe will flash out of time with the beacon light"

Is this something you guys missed?

• Upvote 1

Sounds like someone didn't listen to Jan closely enough in this video.

I haven't watched the video yet, but if I recall correctly, Jan said that a 6 part video will be release before V1.0, if it's before, then it nice :)

Edit: (still haven't watched the video yet) regarding the comments, is IXEG on the verge to release finally this awesome product ?

Someone on a facebook group noticed something about the lights on the 737.

"  In this video you get strobe/beacon/strobe/beacon/strobe... in perfect order. Now a 737-300 is old, it doesnt have a box synchronising its lights. The strobe will flash out of time with the beacon light"

Is this something you guys missed?

No. It is absolutely possible to find 737-300s flying with the same light timing and sequence as the IXEG simulation, just as it's absolutely possible to find switches in the cockpit in reverse form. The lights have custom logic as is.

• Downvote 1

I haven't watched the video yet, but if I recall correctly, Jan said that a 6 part video will be release before V1.0, if it's before, then it nice [emoji4]

Edit: (still haven't watched the video yet) regarding the comments, is IXEG on the verge to release finally this awesome product ?

Each day that goes by is always a day closer no matter what.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cameron said:

No. It is absolutely possible to find 737-300s flying with the same light timing and sequence as the IXEG simulation, just as it's absolutely possible to find switches in the cockpit in reverse form. The lights have custom logic as is.

Ok thank you for the responce. I didn't know anything about this, and i'll let the person on facebook know.

EDIT: I see you already did this. 

Edited by poodster