IXEG 737 Progress Update - April 10th

Cameron

18 minutes ago, FSSteven said:

I admit, since that last video I check this forum on a 'I'm addicted' basis e.g. first thing you do when you wake up: check IXEG forum, and last thing you do before you go to sleep: check IXEG forum, when going to toilet: bring mobile with you and check IXEG forum. 

THIS ! Since April the 10th. ;)

Screen-Shot-2015-08-04-at-8.29.53-AM.png

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, manguras said:

We are tired of waiting...

Then releases the v1 and next fixes in subsequent versions, that's what everyone does

No WE are not tired of waiting. WE are happy that IXEG have taken the time to give us a landmark product and that they are also testing it properly. The ones who moan most about releasing and fixing bugs afterward are usually the ones that moan most about bugs when it is released. Patience is a virtue. 

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, Yidahoo said:

No WE are not tired of waiting. WE are happy that IXEG have taken the time to give us a landmark product and that they are also testing it properly. The ones who moan most about releasing and fixing bugs afterward are usually the ones that moan most about bugs when it is released. Patience is a virtue. 

Agreed, the IXEG team are creating a very complex aircraft which simulates the real planes systems. This takes time. With the release being so close I'm very excited but i can wait for a great product that I will be happy to spend my money on.

:)

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, manguras said:

Then releases the v1 and next fixes in subsequent versions, that's what everyone does

Or we could enjoy the fact this team is not trying to be everyone else. Doing their own thing and working according to their own values.
Last time I checked the world was still spinning and I also noticed my other aircraft in X-Plane still worked.
So "tired of waiting"... Go to sleep. And stop demanding things you have no right to demand.

IXEG! Good job guys! And thank you guys for being patient and developing this wonderful product up to the standards you guys desire.
I believe the X-Plane payware world is in need of more dedicated and passionate guys like you! :)

It was in 1998 that the virus of aviation infected me big time. As a human lvl 8 I was invited to the cockpit of PH-OZA of Air Holland and was blown away by the cockpit of this 733 and the distant view of mountain tops on the horizon, sticking out from the clouds. Ever since I wanted to be in aviation. Took a weird detour in health care a couple of years ago and I am glad I stepped away from that and went back to aviation. Now, maybe more than ever, I know what I want to do in aviation.
So... before I write an autobiography here....
I have always had a special place in my heart for the 733 and this IXEG tribute is therefore something I very much look forward to enjoying for many years to come.

:D Happy landings y'all!

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, TheFriedchicken said:

I asked the same question in my topic, the answer was that when the plane is released the team will release the data refs for us home cockpit builders. Or at least provide help with documentation.

I think this will be a dynamic process, getting everybody accommodated and hopefully everyone can be patient.  We will have two hardware forums though, one for the custom guys (micro-controllers) to exchange ideas and techniques.....and another to support COTS hardware (Commercial Off The Shelf, i.e. GoFlight, Saitek, etc ).   We do not have a cross-section of all hardware types just yet, in order to test all the potential setups so we hope to work hand-in-hand with owners and hardware developers in order to get the right kind of interface implemented.   The probable order after release will be. 1.)  Fix any critical (non-hardware related) operational bugs that crop up...any crashes, compatibility issues, gizmo issues, etc....then...when the sim seems to be operating with some stability, we will then turn our attention to getting hardware accommodated.  I expect this to be a process and our approach to support is to be readily available and accessible in these hardware forums.  That being said, commands and custom datarefs will be available.

-tkyler

• Upvote 4

@LPNils: "human lvl 8" LOL :D In 1998 I was only lvl 6 but I remember it like it was yesterday since it was also my first encounter with the B733, Air Europa EC-FKJ from LKTB to LEPA, delayed midnight flight, too cold in the terminal. It was a substitute plane (of different airline) since the original one had some technical issues that night. I was kind of scared because of that plus I remembered the words of my great grandma who was too worried that the plane would fall down... That didn't happen luckily and it got me hooked up to aviation for life. In 2003 I got my first digital camera and this is the first picture of a plane I took with it, can anyone guess the airport?

DSCN0086.JPG

Edited by ONDR4.cz
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, manguras said:

Negative.

I'd rather wait longer, and have a solid piece of software right out of the gate.  Once released into the wild, ALL software has previously unidentified bugs that get revealed with mass use, and can be addressed as needed.  Let them work their magic, and we will all be rewarded with an aircraft that is going to set the bar for other developers.

Tim

4 hours ago, manguras said:

Does anyone actually think a buggy product on release is more desirable just because "everyone does it"? The only reason "everyone" does so is to make a quick buck.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ONDR4.cz said:

@LPNils: "human lvl 8" LOL :D In 1998 I was only lvl 6 but I remember it like it was yesterday since it was also my first encounter with the B733, Air Europa EC-FKJ from LKTB to LEPA, delayed midnight flight, too cold in the terminal. It was a substitute plane (of different airline) since the original one had some technical issues that night. I was kind of scared because of that plus I remembered the words of my great grandma who was too worried that the plane would fall down... That didn't happen luckily and it got me hooked up to aviation for life. In 2003 I got my first digital camera and this is the first picture of a plane I took with it, can anyone guess the airport?

DSCN0086.JPG

Could it be there ?

Capture d’écran 2016-04-17 à 18.07.17.jpg

3 hours ago, ONDR4.cz said:

DSCN0086.JPG

GCLP/LPA Gran Canaria Airport :)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 777 said:

Hi guys,

I have a navigraph subscription to both airac & charts.

Will I be able to update the airac in the 737 classic or do I have to purchase from aerosoft to do the update in this plane?

Thanks.

They have said in the past that only Aerosoft Navdatapro will be supported with the initial release. But they hope to support navigraph in the future!  I also have the navigraph subscription just like a huge number of other people out there. 

1 minute ago, yukonpete said:

They have said in the past that only Aerosoft Navdatapro will be supported with the initial release. But they hope to support navigraph in the future!  I also have the navigraph subscription just like a huge number of other people out there. 

ok. thanks.  guess i'll wait for them to support it.

Just now, 777 said:

ok. thanks.  guess i'll wait for them to support it.

Yeah thats all we can do! You can buy single updates from Aerosoft. I know it sucks as you already own a data subscription. But in reality the product will work 100% with the default nav database.

19 minutes ago, yukonpete said:
19 minutes ago, yukonpete said:

Yeah thats all we can do! You can buy single updates from Aerosoft. I know it sucks as you already own a data subscription. But in reality the product will work 100% with the default nav database.

cool thanks. i'll manually edit the ixeg737airac.txt file if i have to! i hate paying for the same thing twice.