IXEG 737 Progress Update - March 12th

tkyler

10 hours ago, crisk73 said:

Will single engine taxi be possible with this aircraft? It seems none of the most accurate XP planes is capable of steering with one engine off: FF, JAR and even the S340. Thank you.

Yes, we have improved XP's ground model

M

• Upvote 6

On 10.4.2016 at 9:35 PM, reincarnate said:

My experience in XPlane with every aircraft is that the plane comes to an instant stop when you roll very slow. It doesnt feel and look smooth.

Thats because other aircraft (that I know) do not have an accurate engine model like we do.  The 737 will start to roll once you release brakes, unless you are very heavy or uphill,just like the realone :)  Also BE AWARE that we have an accurate thrust reverser model, so if you forgot to set the autobrake, you'll have a handfull stopping the aircraft after landing ;)

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 6

Does the autobrake in the IXEG 737 correspond to the amount of reverse thrust being used? Like, is the deceleration rate more or less the same if you use autobrake level 2 with - in one case - idle reverse and in the other case full reverse thrust? I remember that the iFly 737NG was modelled like this

Edited by K4bel123

Good question! :)

I checked the handbook:

"Immediate initiation of reverse thrust at main gear touchdown and full reverse
thrust will allow the autobrake system to reduce brake pressure to the minimum
level, thus minimizing brake and tire wear and keep brake temperatures in the
normal range.
The importance of establishing the desired reverse thrust level (approximately
80% N1) as soon as possible after touchdown to minimize brake temperatures
and tire and brake wear and to reduce stopping distance on very slippery
runways cannot be overemphasized.
Since the autobrake system senses deceleration and modulates brake pressure
accordingly, the proper application of reverse thrust will result in reduced
braking for a large portion of the landing roll."

In the 747 the brake pressure is a function of groundspeed and measured by the IRS

and switching off the IRS disables the autobrake. Perhaps the same in 737, I don't know.

Edited by frumpy
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

Does the autobrake in the IXEG 737 correspond to the amount of reverse thrust being used? Like, is the deceleration rate more or less the same if you use autobrake level 2 with - in one case - idle reverse and in the other case full reverse thrust? I remember that the iFly 737NG was modelled like this

Yes

• Upvote 2

Morten, at the IXEG website we can see some pictures of the nose wheel which are extraordinary well designed with lots of details. But I´m also curious about how the actuators, wirings and other stuff beyond the spoilers (when spoilers are deployed) are designed. Same for the wheel well. Just a picture and placed in the wheel well to fill, or is it actually designed with 3D items? Possible to provide a picture of these two items?

Edited by FSSteven
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FSSteven said:

Morten, at the IXEG website we can see some pictures of the nose wheel which are extraordinary well designed with lots of details. But I´m also curious about how the actuators, wirings and other stuff beyond the spoilers (when spoilers are deployed) are designed. Same for the wheel well. Just a picture and placed in the wheel well to fill, or is it actually designed with 3D items? Possible to provide a picture of these two items?

But Steven, you can have a look for yourself in a few days :D 

• Upvote 5