Prices

jonfrederickl

From what we've seen and heard and dreamed about, the prices of the classic should be at least 55-60 dollars. You deserve it! 5 years on the project and to have a holiday, I imagine (like over a week), would be splendid! Wait, you got me- the real reason is so you have so much funding for your next project, whatever it is. Look at PMDG: 90 Dollars!

I hope it is expansions for the 737! Like -500's, -600's

Edited by jonfrederickl
  • Upvote 1

I'd say about $75-$100. It's how much you're paying for a top of the market FSX add-on, as well as what most of us would be prepared to pay for "Recreational Software" as I like to call it .;) However if I may say so, price is not a super big showstopper at this point for a lot of us. If IXEG wants a little bit more for 5 years of hard work and many more continuous updates, so be it. 

I think it's gonna be a little bit longer before they divulge the true price. It's this kind of suspense that keeps people on these forums five times a day. :P

K

Edited by cod360
It's Tuesday and I didn't check for typos...
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cod360 said:

I'd say about $75-$100. It's how much you're paying for a top of the market FSX add-on, as well as what most of us would be prepared to pay for "Recreational Software" as I like to call it .;) However if I may say so, price is not a super big showstopper at this point for a lot of us. If IXEG wants a little bit more for 5 years of hard work and many more continuous updates, so be it.

Totaly agree. But lets not tell them that the price is not a showstopper ;)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jjohnson241 said:

$60 - $65 dollars is about right, competitive with other high end x-plane offerings and consistent with the feature list that will not be there in Release 1.0.

Any more expensive would drive away a significant market share and attract "over priced" comment.

I would have to agree with @cod360 and say that a price of 75-100 is more realistic. I can easily see this being 90+.

Folks,

This product will be priced fairly and proportionately based on five years work and a team of people getting their compensation.

We will not debate this here. The price is not announced, and no one will be holding a gun to your head to purchase it after the fact. The best thing you can do is vote with your wallet, and you'll surely be offered such an opportunity in a short time.

If the price ends up being out of your range of acceptability then we all accept that and kindly ask you to appreciate our side too.

Likewise, if the price is cheap enough for you to justify years of enjoyment (whatever that price may be) then we welcome you!

That's all for this topic. There's no need to let it spiral over something not even released.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1