What's Next?

Crj Fan

6 hours ago, Morten said:

Yea, from what I remember they can takeoff without flap... (only slat..)

M

According to F70 AOM, 7.03.01: Flight Techniques - Take-Off (v5 issue 1): "Flaps 0, 8 and 15 are available for take-off"
Performance pages include graphs with t/o performance for those 3 settings.
My F100 AFM confirms.

So yeah. No flap take-offs are definitely possible. :)
But they don't have slats at all ;)

Edited by LPNils
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ETOPS-330 said:

Even though I love the 737MAX, B787 and A380, the modern EFIS and avionics are just too complex and too much work to do, and the database(Charts .etc) might require license from other companies. Even the 777 and 747-400 might take longer than 5 years to be developed in IXEG's detail level. 

I think that's really the argument against doing an airbus. Even the A320 would take thousands of hours to develop to this level.

Plus I think they'd have to find a new test pilot ;)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, cod360 said:

I think that's really the argument against doing an airbus. Even the A320 would take thousands of hours to develop to this level.

Plus I think they'd have to find a new test pilot ;)

Totally forgot to mention the Airbus... There are good Airbus addons in market, such as the Jardesign airbus and Aerosoft airbus for FSX, however, JARDesign got a full "Jar" of bugs, and the Aerosoft airbus could only simulate normal flight and only basic switches are operative. The Flight Sim Labs is making an in-depth A320 for FSX, and it has already taken almost six years to enter beta testing since they announced the project in May 2010. It just takes too long and too much work to do in order to precisely represent a modern airplane, and the profits from selling Flight simulations software is just too low due to the low demand...

All we need to do is to wait, hopefully by the time most of us become captains in real airlines, for sure there will be much more quality simulations.

10 hours ago, ETOPS-330 said:

Totally forgot to mention the Airbus... There are good Airbus addons in market, such as the Jardesign airbus and Aerosoft airbus for FSX, however, JARDesign got a full "Jar" of bugs, and the Aerosoft airbus could only simulate normal flight and only basic switches are operative. The Flight Sim Labs is making an in-depth A320 for FSX, and it has already taken almost six years to enter beta testing since they announced the project in May 2010. It just takes too long and too much work to do in order to precisely represent a modern airplane, and the profits from selling Flight simulations software is just too low due to the low demand...

All we need to do is to wait, hopefully by the time most of us become captains in real airlines, for sure there will be much more quality simulations.

There really aren't any good Airbus addons on the market. I doubt we'll be seeing one from IXEG, though, and I'm happy with that. I'm not a fan of Airbus unless it's an A300 or an A310. 

Edited by -VETTE
Capitalization

4 hours ago, -VETTE said:

There really aren't any good Airbus addons on the market. I doubt we'll be seeing one from IXEG, though, and I'm happy with that. I'm not a fan of airbus unless it's an A300 or an A310. 

Exactly :P What fun is there in flying a computer on your computer ;)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, daemotron said:

Can anyone explain to me why there's such a negative attitude towards Airbus aircrafts? I don't speak of Jan who's A320 type-rated and knows what he's talking about, but I sense a lot of negative commentary coming from people who most probably never set a foot into an Airbus cockpit...

1. The, "You can't comment on it if you haven't done it," attitude really needs to go away. People can tell whether something is good or bad even if they aren't an expert.

2. As much as I'd love to smash Airbus to bits, I don't want to do that in this forum. It'd be wasting space on the IXEG forum, and I don't want to do that.

3. That's not really relevant to this thread...

I assume you don't really have to step into something to know you dislike it. Be it becuase of the overall design, idea behind it and so on.

Personally, I think A320 is one of the best looking narrow body aircraft that flies today and I can get behind the general idea of a very complex computer that helps flying it.

But I guess some of the aviation purists think that flying using mainly FBW computer technology is a hearsay. Which I can partially agree on ;)

• Upvote 1

Let's put it this way. I do respect Airbus aircraft. But I love to feed on the discussion and put some fuel on the fire.
But! I am that purist kind of guy. The more analogue, the better. (not only in aviation ;) )
I have flown an A320 full motion sim, and it was fun for a while. Just don't like the way the throttle works, the point and shoot controls (auto trim) and the sidestick. Aerobatics are blocked by the flight computers. But yeah this is trying to do stuff you shouldn't do in an airliner ;)

On the bright side: they do come with amazingly useful dinnertables where in Boeings the control column would be in the way. :P
And the tech behind it is still fascinating I think. Flew on a couple Busses as a passenger, they got me to where I needed to be very comfortably :)Another Airbus concept I love it the E-Fan.  Brand new technology at work.

All a matter of opinion.

Cheers!

Edited by LPNils