Smartcopilot

birdy.dma

Assignements, it's a pain,

X-Plane, xassign as well,are not able to save custom commands, But xassign can save xjoymap datarefs,

So, you will find an xjoyap,ini in my ,zip, (i assume, you have installed PythonInterface, Xjoymap and xassign),

With it, you can assign and save:

Main trims of the pedestal

CW; trim (you can choose either pilot or copilot)

CW: vertical sync and AP disconnect,

Go around and gust lock release,

When done, save aicraft set and global set with xassign,

Smartco:

New assignements are sync,

AP is much better,

Other minor bugs are fixed,

Saab 340A.zip

I think it is because people just don't have enough span to booking up a time to fly together, especially if people don't know each other. Maybe many people in this hobby do not have any close social contacts sharing the same interest, and they don't want to sacrifice the other social side with unknown "digital" people. That is the case with me, I prefer to fly with someone I closely know, and don't want to book me up and feeling responsible for another ones needs. With a close friend, you can disrupt when you want! ;)

Sadly as it is...

48 minutes ago, Hovercat said:

WOW, why is there not much interest in this?

I don't know. Flying alone is nice for discovering or testing a new plane, but is boring and non realistic.

Alas, only few planes are simulated for a crew of 2. (JS32, FJS Twinjet, FF 757, Félis AN24), and of course the SAAB. None of them are perfect.. For exemple, no map for the right seat.

Feel free to send a message if you need help.

Claude.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful work! Just tried it out for the first time, worked very well. 

A few things we noticed, for some reason my slave friend was getting emergency lights unarmed warning, although for me it was armed. 

He had to rise the gear as well for it to register on his screen, showed gear up after takeoff for me. 

Engine gauges vibrating unnaturally, a lot of noise for the slave. 

When keying in intersections, when scrolling too fast the letters go out of sync.

Most of these things are probably underlying limitations and not helpful, but writing them down for anyone interested. Other than these few little details, and I am being very picky, it works like a charm! Seriously thank you so much for your efforts! 

Hi heinz92,

Emergency light : someting does not work properly with either :  LES/saab/emg_lights_toggle_pos (may be : LES/saab/emg_lights_toggle) , or LES/CMD/CAP/emergcy_lts_button.

There is a workaround. Unlock the cap, move the switch full up, then in the middle, lock the cap.

Gear : i don’t know. Probably some data lost thru the internet.

Engine gauges : There is lag. What is your ping (displayed in the smartco window) ?. Also a computer is probably more powerfull than the other one, so différents values are not computed and displayed simultaneously . If you have time, you can do some tests .

Engine gauges are driven with stock datarefs :

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_TRQ[0] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_TRQ[1] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_ITT[0] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_ITT[1] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_FF_[0] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_FF_[1] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_CHT[0] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_CHT[1] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_EGT[0] = 0

sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_EGT[1] = 0

and custom datarefs :

LES/saab/engine_torque_L = 0

LES/saab/engine_torque_R = 0

LES/saab/engine_pct_rpm_L = 0

LES/saab/engine_pct_rpm_R = 0

LES/saab/prop_rpm_L = 0

LES/saab/prop_rpm_R = 0

LES/saab/fuel_flow_L = 0

LES/saab/fuel_flow_R = 0

Add a # behind the custom datarefs. See what happen during spool, then in flight.

GPS : don’t use the 2D popup (only for display).

Same problem as engine gauges. Don’t scroll with the mouse, but use the clicks (ok, it’s boring).

Regards.

Claude

• 1 month later...
On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, JonFly said:

I look forward to trying this. Just bought the 340 yesterday. Thank you for your work.

Flying this bird with a crew of 2 is a pleasure. If you need help, don't hesitate.

PS: such a file is on the todo list of the devs of IXEG. Waiting their file, I will have a try for the 737.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I fly the Saab for a living and got the LES Saab to practice for my simulator checks. Unfortunately I've been having nothing but trouble trying to run it the way I would in real life. I.e. The power and condition levers would freeze up after pressing sync or the gear would decide to retract during the takeoff roll.

I just wanted to say thanks to the person/s who has/have put all the work into fixing these bugs. I have yet to install them and try it out, but that fact someone is out there taking time out of their day to work on ironing out bugs is awesome, and fully appreciated.

So you can fly this thing multi crew yeah? How on earth do you make that happen?

Cheers,

Pat.

19 minutes ago, FlyingToLearn said:

So you can fly this thing multi crew yeah?

Hi Pat,

Yes, and this simulated bird is really done for a couple of pilots.

If you have 2 computers at home, it is also comfortable to fly alone with different views and popups in the shared cockpit.

You can test the plugin for free:

http://xsmart-plane.com/smartcopilot/

• 6 months later...
On 21/11/2016 at 9:30 PM, birdy.dma said:

Hi Pat,

Yes, and this simulated bird is really done for a couple of pilots.

If you have 2 computers at home, it is also comfortable to fly alone with different views and popups in the shared cockpit.

You can test the plugin for free:

http://xsmart-plane.com/smartcopilot/

I get to test this tonight!  Very excited about flying this wonderful bird in shared cockpit in XP11....thanks for all the work you have done so far Claude.