IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 12th

Cameron

And, as far as I am aware (barring one product at this time due to multiple re-do's), all products have always been released, so whatever you're eluding to escapes me. That said, you are entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect that.

I sincerely apologize for having offended you by announcing products are coming soon or almost here. More-so, I am sorry for having affected you with my words in prior time to provoke such disdain at this point and time. I can see you are passionate and upset about this to a very high level and regret you have such feelings. :(

As I am not a developer of said products and those involved are working very hard (some of whom have quit their jobs to dedicate time to this and other projects) I would caution you to realize your words are then re-directed towards them.

Tom, Jan, Morten, and Nils have worked tirelessly for five years to bring this product to life. They deserve the recognition, respect, and appreciation for all their hard work. I would hope you wouldn't go so low as to discredit such, but if you feel it as necessary as you just have to voice such lack of appreciation then I won't stop you. I can only wish you felt differently.

To all others: My prior post still stands. This product is nothing short of remarkable, and as we all know, it will indeed be released. :)

Thank you for your reply Cameron and also for apologizing - much appreciated.

I don't have a problem with the developers and in fact, I private messaged Tom on the 23rd of December 2015 saying what a great job he was doing. I understand there can be delays but what I'm saying to you is I think you should refrain from getting people to excited about releases far to soon. Maybe wait until you know for sure that it will be released within two weeks.

Are you eluding to the California scenery that still hasn't been released after several years and 'Soon' comments?

Anyway, all the best for the 737 release and thanks again.

I understand there can be delays but what I'm saying to you is I think you should refrain from getting people to excited about releases far to soon.

With all due respect, this is simply the type of logic which would get a company into red waters. Marketing is a necessary evil in any product category, especially in categories where the market is much smaller than most, thus it takes a while for word to get around. It is because of the effective marketing and lead time for even this product that it will succeed, and also why so many in even the MSFS community are willing to finally make the leap to X-Plane. We will have to agree to disagree here.

I waited months to purchase a recently announced product from Apple that I wanted. I did not get upset for the wait I had to endure for something I so badly wanted. I knew it would come when it was ready. I've even waited up to a year or close to it for things announced at CES shows each year in Las Vegas. My last monitor purchase was announced 9-10 months prior to release, and that was just a monitor! You see, every company does this. It's necessary, and it's smart. Can you imagine what it would be like for even these guys to have worked for 5 years on a product, not marketed it during that time till a couple of weeks in advance of release (all while quitting a job and banking on this for income), and to not be met with even an ounce close to the fanfare it will now have thanks to all the marketing and effort they've put in to getting the word out? It would have been impossible to even showcase how advanced a product like this is in its systems simulation in such a short timeframe. Never mind the fact it would have also probably guaranteed this to be the last product to ever be made by IXEG before it was even released!

We don't force you to follow development of these products. We also don't force you to subscribe to newsletters, or be obligated to hear every word we say. It is your choice, and if you so choose to follow development the entire way, we'll welcome you with open arms. Alternatively, if you become offended by such announcements being made, I would recommend you steer clear of these places and just wait for word of mouth to venture your way when such a release has come.

All I'm saying is business and marketing 101 say market your product and be smart with doing so. Every second, minute, day, and year is an opportunity. Use it!

Are you eluding to the California scenery that still hasn't been released after several years and 'Soon' comments?

Considering this is the only product in prior time with such statements made and unfortunately hadn't come out in short order following said statements due to some unforeseen setbacks or amendments, yes, I am eluding to this very one!

In closing:

I know there are many people here who have been insanely appreciative of the progress previews which have been released. So much so, in fact, they continue to ask for more. Please remember you are not the only person we're trying to reach out to, sir. There's a lot of people in this world. We want to reach as many as we can and ensure we're here for the long haul.

We have a proven track record to release each product we announce, and until a product is declared canceled you can assume it will be in the store. It takes time, effort, and money to market. We wouldn't waste resources on this stuff if we didn't have true intentions.

With all due respect, this is simply the type of logic which would get a company into red waters. Marketing is a necessary evil in any product category, especially in categories where the market is much smaller than most, thus it takes a while for word to get around. It is because of the effective marketing and lead time for even this product that it will succeed, and also why so many in even the MSFS community are willing to finally make the leap to X-Plane. We will have to agree to disagree here.

I waited months to purchase a recently announced product from Apple that I wanted. I did not get upset for the wait I had to endure for something I so badly wanted. I knew it would come when it was ready. I've even waited up to a year or close to it for things announced at CES shows each year in Las Vegas. My last monitor purchase was announced 9-10 months prior to release, and that was just a monitor! You see, every company does this. It's necessary, and it's smart. Can you imagine what it would be like for even these guys to have worked for 5 years on a product, not marketed it during that time till a couple of weeks in advance of release (all while quitting a job and banking on this for income), and to not be met with even an ounce close to the fanfare it will now have thanks to all the marketing and effort they've put in to getting the word out? It would have been impossible to even showcase how advanced a product like this is in its systems simulation in such a short timeframe. Never mind the fact it would have also probably guaranteed this to be the last product to ever be made by IXEG before it was even released!

We don't force you to follow development of these products. We also don't force you to subscribe to newsletters, or be obligated to hear every word we say. It is your choice, and if you so choose to follow development the entire way, we'll welcome you with open arms. Alternatively, if you become offended by such announcements being made, I would recommend you steer clear of these places and just wait for word of mouth to venture your way when such a release has come.

All I'm saying is business and marketing 101 say market your product and be smart with doing so. Every second, minute, day, and year is an opportunity. Use it!

Considering this is the only product in prior time with such statements made and unfortunately hadn't come out in short order following said statements due to some unforeseen setbacks or amendments, yes, I am eluding to this very one!

In closing:

I know there are many people here who have been insanely appreciative of the progress previews which have been released. So much so, in fact, they continue to ask for more. Please remember you are not the only person we're trying to reach out to, sir. There's a lot of people in this world. We want to reach as many as we can and ensure we're here for the long haul.

We have a proven track record to release each product we announce, and until a product is declared canceled you can assume it will be in the store. It takes time, effort, and money to market. We wouldn't waste resources on this stuff if we didn't have true intentions.

Perfect answer thanks Cameron!  It makes sense and I now fully understand where you are coming from.

Thank you for your understanding and polite response.

Looking forward to the release when it's ready :)

Cheers :)

• Upvote 2

#### Once the plane is feature-complete and we are satisfied that we have reached a "releasable" status, we are going to have a countdown to release, with periodic releases of the 6 tutorial videos I have prepared (to go along with the written tutorials).

At least thats the plan!

Jan   ###

SInce we still have to see 6 tutorial videos and january is over in 10 days, and lets asume one video per week, I think mart is optimistic or realistic time for release :-)  thats just me beeing optimistic 

#### Once the plane is feature-complete and we are satisfied that we have reached a "releasable" status, we are going to have a countdown to release, with periodic releases of the 6 tutorial videos I have prepared (to go along with the written tutorials).

At least thats the plan!

Jan   ###

SInce we still have to see 6 tutorial videos and january is over in 10 days, and lets asume one video per week, I think mart is optimistic or realistic time for release :-)  thats just me beeing optimistic 

Spring!

why is it not out now?! 

how long you want the thousands of people still have to wait?

You have very often said ... Now release in Sight! and then they have not taken the plane to the market

slow to get on the arm taken!

Edited by simeg
  • Downvote 4

Hallo Jan,

jetzt übertreibst du aber!

ist es den so schwer zu verstehen das es gegenüber den zukünftigen Kunden nicht fair ist sie so zu behandeln.

Ihnen immer und immer wieder einen Termin zu nennen, damit meine ich jetzt kein genaues Datum sondern die andeutung das es bald soweit sein wird ist nicht fair.

Weiter möchte ich erwähnen das ihr das nun öfter getan habt.

Die leute freuen sich auf euer Produkt und das einzigste was sie dann zu hören bekommen ist "NICHTS" kein "sorry wir können es noch nicht raus bringen."

Wie wäre es den mal wenn ihr uns mal über den Stand der Dinge exakt aufklärt?! oder ist euch das zu viel ?

ich denke das seit ihr den wartenden Personen schuldig.

am ende wird ein anderer Entwickler vielleicht sogar schneller als Ihr sein und bringt ein noch etwas bessere 737 raus.

Tut doch mal was für eure zukünftigen kunden und spielt nicht mit ihnen.

• Downvote 1

Morten hahaha

So I just want to eco what Cameron says. My actual job is as Sales Manager in the company I work fir, and in marketing basics, that is called expectation! You must create expectation to build a market for your product with "willing-to-buy" clients.

I am also waiting for this release. I am not part of the dev team but hang in there. The things you appreciate most are those you are willing to pay more, and not only money, but also time.

Bare with the guys. I am sure when we all get this bird flying will think "the wait was worth it".

Greetings. Teban13 - Live to fly! Fly to live!

• Upvote 1

Hallo Jan,

jetzt übertreibst du aber!

ist es den so schwer zu verstehen das es gegenüber den zukünftigen Kunden nicht fair ist sie so zu behandeln.

Ihnen immer und immer wieder einen Termin zu nennen, damit meine ich jetzt kein genaues Datum sondern die andeutung das es bald soweit sein wird ist nicht fair.

Weiter möchte ich erwähnen das ihr das nun öfter getan habt.

Die leute freuen sich auf euer Produkt und das einzigste was sie dann zu hören bekommen ist "NICHTS" kein "sorry wir können es noch nicht raus bringen."

Wie wäre es den mal wenn ihr uns mal über den Stand der Dinge exakt aufklärt?! oder ist euch das zu viel ?

ich denke das seit ihr den wartenden Personen schuldig.

am ende wird ein anderer Entwickler vielleicht sogar schneller als Ihr sein und bringt ein noch etwas bessere 737 raus.

Tut doch mal was für eure zukünftigen kunden und spielt nicht mit ihnen.

now you're exaggerating but !

is the so difficult to understand it in relation to the future customers not fair they should be treated like that.

You over and over again to call for an appointment , so I now mean no exact date but the hint that it will be over soon is not fair .

Next I want to mention that you have now done that more often.

The people are looking forward to your product and the only thing they get is then heard "nothing" no " sorry , we can not bring out . "How about the time you enlighten us thought about the state of affairs exactly ?! or you is that too much?

I think that the people waiting for her guilty .at the end will be perhaps even faster than yours and brings an even slightly better 737 out another developer.

Tut some games for your future clients and does not play with them .

Copied from google translator.

I believe the forum is public and officialy in english. So we appreciate all the comments but in a language we all can understand.

Big thanks.

Teban13 - Live to fly! Fly to live!

Hi simeg,

we are really not playing with you guys - I know it´s frustrating, and I am sorry if we cause you mental pain!

We don´t want to say more than what we already said, sorry. Boy, I guess I start to understand Microsoft´s stance on community interaction...

All the best, Jan

You guys really need to understand that they are working really hard to get this product out and have been for 5 years. As Cameron has said, many of them have quit their jobs, they wouldn't be making a risk like that if they didn't believe that the product they were putting out is really something. Just wait, I'm sure you guys won't be disappointed, from what I've seen, it's going to be an amazing product. And I know, no matter what I say there will still be people who are impatient, but I'm sure that a lot of you see how this will be a great product.

• Upvote 2

Hey Guys!

This is my first post here. I'm a long time listener first time caller kinda guy ;^) but I feel compelled to chime in as I am certain I represent the majority of people excited about this plane. The silent majority - thousands of us! Those who check this page, or have subscribed to a YouTube page, or just wait for an announcement - basically those of us who are very familiar with high-end modern day flightsim addons and their development path.

I've seen these topics get out of hand. To the degree that developers don't even show snippets of their work in development any longer. And where's the fun in that? Over in DCS world, we've been waiting for an F-18 Hornet for possibly longer than we've been waiting for this 737-300! Other DCS developers have stopped even announcing. Look at PMDG, you catch word of a product, and then not a peep.... for years.

Let's not go down that road. I am worried that IXEG will stop showing previews, that we'll stop seeing screenshots. Personally it makes my day when I see some new screeny from these guys... or a video. Let's all ensure we keep it that way!

Respect the devs, keep it positive, stay stoked! And be content in what is already the best flight-simulation technology to grace the home PC (and Mac) to date :).

Len

• Upvote 19