IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 12th

Cameron

Thanks for the eye (and ear) candy, Cameron.

I noticed that it's possible to open the windows and the mechanism even has a fancy little sound effect. Earlier in December, Jan mentioned:

Aircraft visual 3D model

• Opening cockpit windows. Omitted due to time constraints, definitely planning to add later. The mechanism is in place, but we need to code the ensuing effects (pressurization, noise level, etc.)

Does this mean the item can be stricken from the list? The noise level obviously changes already. Not sure about the effect on pressurization.

Any other items from that list that could already be removed? :D

Edited by dr_nerdrage

Thanks for the eye (and ear) candy, Cameron.

I noticed that it's possible to open the windows and the mechanism even has a fancy little sound effect. Earlier in December, Jan mentioned:

Does this mean the item can be stricken from the list? The noise level obviously changes already. Obviously not sure about the effect on pressurization.

Any other items from that list that could already be removed? :D

Yes, it is stricken from the list. Other stuff will be announced later on. :)

• Upvote 4

Could we get a release even if programming VNAV is not finished? Just like the "Southwest Style", cover up the VNAV button on MCP...
We can fly it with other Vertical modes.

No! :)

We really want this done right, and it's seriously almost there.

This product is really something else. I know the whole team is excited for you all to get your hands on it, but I am especially excited. The level of immersion it creates is rather stunning...something I've never experienced in any add-on for any flight sim before, and it comes together at multiple angles...sounds, systems, ease of controls, flight model...it really is a work of art.

Just hang in there. The wait has definitely yielded something spectacular, and waiting just a little longer will only make it that much better! :)

• Upvote 4

Could we get a release even if programming VNAV is not finished? Just like the "Southwest Style", cover up the VNAV button on MCP...

We can fly it with other Vertical modes. :D

mcp300.jpg

Any more info on this? Never seen that before but that's pretty interesting.

This product is really something else. I know the whole team is excited for you all to get your hands on it, but I am especially excited. The level of immersion it creates is rather stunning...something I've never experienced in any add-on for any flight sim before, and it comes together at multiple angles...sounds, systems, ease of controls, flight model...it really is a work of art.

Just hang in there. The wait has definitely yielded something spectacular, and waiting just a little longer will only make it that much better! :)

Yeah, because think of it this way: We wait 5 years for a product, and it's finally released and there are a ton of bugs, and it's really disappointing. Think about that, would you rather have something sooner and be disappointed (I'm not saying this will be a disappointment), or would you rather wait to have something beautiful that you love.

Is this standard on Southwest?

Southwest definitely had some funky setups: See here.

Not sure if this was a cost save issue, or something to do with the lack of extra glass on their panels and how steam instruments integrated into systems.

More shots of funky MCP's here.

Not sure if this was a cost save issue, or something to do with the lack of extra glass on their panels and how steam instruments integrated into systems.

If I recall correctly, this was intentionally done for fleet commonality with their -200s (although EFIS and EIS didn't enter service until 1986 and 1988, respectively, Southwest continued to order aircraft like that)

Thanks for the replying! Nice job IXEG team, all the details of the aircraft and systems are perfectly programmed and modeled, this is gonna be the most accurate simulation addon ever :) Can't wait to fly it.

• Upvote 1

Is this standard on Southwest?

Southwest had many 737-200, when the old planes phased out, there are a lot of 737-200 pilots. Instead of providing a massive amount of training to the EFIS, they just covered the new Autopilot functions and Autothrottle (737OG does not have AT) and marked as INOP. Pilots are not allowed to use Autothrottle (not sure if they still do) and VNAV. Only basic Autopilot functions. Even the DUs in some of the NG aircraft are displaying "Analogy instruments". 

737%20Cockpit.jpg

• Upvote 1

Wow, I´ve never seen that before... NGX overhead with old MCP and steam gauges... AND HUD!!  :wacko:

That's what you always say Cameron, 'soon or almost there' - So I'll believe it when I see it !!

Lies, lies and more lies!!

• Downvote 3

That's what you always say Cameron, 'soon or almost there' - So I'll believe it when I see it !!

And, as far as I am aware (barring one product at this time due to multiple re-do's), all products have always been released, so whatever you're eluding to escapes me. That said, you are entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect that.

Lies, lies and more lies!!

I sincerely apologize for having offended you by announcing products are coming soon or almost here. More-so, I am sorry for having affected you with my words in prior time to provoke such disdain at this point and time. I can see you are passionate and upset about this to a very high level and regret you have such feelings. :(

As I am not a developer of said products and those involved are working very hard (some of whom have quit their jobs to dedicate time to this and other projects) I would caution you to realize your words are then re-directed towards them.

Tom, Jan, Morten, and Nils have worked tirelessly for five years to bring this product to life. They deserve the recognition, respect, and appreciation for all their hard work. I would hope you wouldn't go so low as to discredit such, but if you feel it as necessary as you just have to voice such lack of appreciation then I won't stop you. I can only wish you felt differently.

To all others: My prior post still stands. This product is nothing short of remarkable, and as we all know, it will indeed be released. :)

• Upvote 5