IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 12th

Cameron

Sounds good!!!

Only one thing... I noticed that the runway is not lit enough by the landing lights, I know that this is more of an X plane problem but I was wondering if that could be somehow fixed. I would really love to see the landing lights but also the taxi lights really doing a better job at illuminating what's around. Thanks!

Sounds good!!!

Only one thing... I noticed that the runway is not lit enough by the landing lights, I know that this is more of an X plane problem but I was wondering if that could be somehow fixed. I would really love to see the landing lights but also the taxi lights really doing a better job at illuminating what's around. Thanks!

The lights are tuned to Jan's liking

LL.jpg

• Upvote 3

Really? I have been in the cockpit for few night takeoffs and I would say it's pretty spot on, especially for darker (less floodlit) airports (I am speaking to you EGKK!). 

It's literally one (or two) shaft of light that illuminates just 2 meters of the runaway ahead. I think it looks pretty realistic. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats guys, it looks and sounds amazing! Definitely a day-one-buy for me :)

One thing that caught my attention: the EGT of the APU rises instantly when the APU starter motor kicks in (lights get dim) and I think the appropiate initial fuel injection sound of the APU is not synced to the EGT-rise. A bit picky (I know), but I just want to let you know.

One thing that caught my attention: the EGT of the APU rises instantly when the APU starter motor kicks in (lights get dim) and I think the appropiate initial fuel injection sound of the APU is not synced to the EGT-rise. A bit picky (I know), but I just want to let you know.

We know. The sound was just implemented but not fully programmed just prior to the video.

Please be aware, as already stated, this is work in progress and not a video to pick away at. When we release something of a final preview then it's your turn to hammer down. ;)

• Upvote 4

As I've said in previous posts... your attention to detail is unparalleled in X-Plane sim development!  In particular I love how exacting Jan has been in requiring the plane to feel right...the image you posted of the aircraft ground lighting looks SO fantastic in terms of the angle and intensity of each of the lights.  I can see why it takes a while to develop.

Edited by wiloghby
  • Upvote 1