IXEG 737 Progress Update - January 12th

Cameron

Hi Folks!,

I've just finished putting together a video titled 'Sights and Sounds'. The purpose of the video is to showcase the latest version of the 737-300 project as it stands today with some sound additions, 3D model enhancements, and just all around cool effects!

Work continues daily, and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully you're all as excited as we are! :)

Enjoy!

• Upvote 23

"Work continues daily, and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully you're all as excited as we are! :)"

Excited!...EXCITED!!! There's an understatement! I wake up each day and check...."Has it been released yet!!!" I check before the news, weather and stock market, before emails even! Trust me...I'm way more excited than you are:)

I am the Boeing 737's biggest fan since youth..I love all of them.  You have no idea ho long I have been waiting on the hi bypass Boeing 737 for x-plane 10.  I have been anticipating and waiting on someone to make one for a long time now and finally it is here.  I am read to accept a payment confirmation number now.  thanks

It's so obvious that the IXEG team has worked very hard and passionately on this project. The attention to detail is insane. 

This 737 Classic will be a classic simulation for many, many years and really be instrumental in putting X-Plane on everyone's computers.

I am sooo looking forward to hearing the news of its release.  :wub:

I have to say it looks grate..

I just hope that at some stage the autopilot would only accept whole hundreds of feet, as it is a bit unrealistic by those 10ft numbers for an airliners..

But in the first place I don´t understand why Laminar let the default AP do so other than it is because of the fact that some airplanes does not have a altitude window and just need that option to read a given number when you press altitude hold in a small general aviation plane.. I guess that might be the best explanation why they did it.. but it does not explain why there is no by pass for planes that have a altitude select window of the autopilot..

Any way just another small X-Plane thing, but in fact there are quite some things to work around in the sim it self sadly..

• Downvote 1

I have to say it looks grate..

I just hope that at some stage the autopilot would only accept whole hundreds of feet, as it is a bit unrealistic by those 10ft numbers for an airliners..

But in the first place I don´t understand why Laminar let the default AP do so other than it is because of the fact that some airplanes does not have a altitude window and just need that option to read a given number when you press altitude hold in a small general aviation plane.. I guess that might be the best explanation why they did it.. but it does not explain why there is no by pass for planes that have a altitude select window of the autopilot..

Any way just another small X-Plane thing, but in fact there are quite some things to work around in the sim it self sadly..

Don't worry about X-plane's native autopilot. The 737 autopilot is coded by us from scratch. Currently around 2000 lines of code and another 500 the MCP.

Edited by Nils
  • Upvote 1

well that was also what I expected.. But my concern was the video show the altitude was set 30020 and that indicated the normal x-plane behavior, of not selecting the whole hundred of feet.. but I know it´s work in progress and as a tester know things might change..

Edited by KAPTEJNLN