Question about Default Airport Scenery

Jack Turano

Hello,

As I understand, X-plane comes with some airports having default scenery from aerosoft.

Are these airports included in the demo, or do they only come on the disks of X-plane full version?

Also, I heard about the scenery gateway, saying that there are "lego brick" airports.

What exactly are "lego brick airports" and how are they different from the airports on X-plane.org?

Could someone give me some screenshots of the default aerosoft airports and the "lego brick airports" from the gateway?

Thank you in advance...

It's not different than X-Plane default scenery. It IS default scenery. The gateway is a place for people to submit packages to be shipped in the default package.

Lego brick is a simple definition to say scenery is easily created similar to how easy Legos are easily attached.

X-Plane.org scenery is custom scenery using who knows what.

Default scenery is located in the Custom Scenery folder.

It's not different than X-Plane default scenery. It IS default scenery. The gateway is a place for people to submit packages to be shipped in the default package.

Lego brick is a simple definition to say scenery is easily created similar to how easy Legos are easily attached.

X-Plane.org scenery is custom scenery using who knows what.

Default scenery is located in the Custom Scenery folder.

So the quality of the gateway scenery is not worse than the scenery in X-plane.org? 

I thought that lego brick ment that the buildings were all square and really bad.

Also, is there a way to see screenshots of the airports on the gateway so I know what I am downloading from the gateway?

Google is your friend.

I finally just understood what had been the case for my airports missing.

I installed Alpilotx's mesh for almost the whole world about a year ago, and deleted all of X-plane's default scenery because I don't have enough space on my disk to fit both of them in (I do video editing so I have to keep a lot of native files on my not-so-big 450 GB hard drive).

I read on some forums that X-plane doesn't install Aerosoft's airport scenery or the gateway scenery to the areas that you have no mesh isntalled.

I know that I can download the gateway sceneries manualy myself.

However, where can I download the aerosoft default sceneries that don't install themselves? Can you please give me a link?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...