Autopilot issues/speed/vs

stehas78

Hi,

The a/p is on, and tracking the FMC route, but the ALT button does nothing. The plane just goes up and down, way past the set alt. Anything I should be doing?

Is there anything that shows the set v/s rate, if the V/S button is active, when I'm adjusting it?

Is the plane manually throttled, with the speed setting just a speed on elevator (climb/descent) system?

Thanks is advance.

I don't quite get what your problem is :) A detailed description would help... What Autopilot modes did you have engaged? At what altitude and speed were you trying to fly? What version of the CRJ and X Plane are you using? Log.txt and some screenshots please :)

And the answer to your your last question: The CRJ doesn't have an auto throttle, there only is an IAS mode which holds the selected speed while climbing/descending. 

So you set your wanted altitude (lets say FL250). You turn on the flight director and click on "Nav" and "VS". You then dial in a value of VS that you want to have after take off (lets say 2000FPM). When you are in the air you engage the autopilot and the plane should follow the flight path and climb to the wanted altitude with the wanted vertical speed. You can also use "Speed" mode to climb. Engaging this mode will select the current speed and the aircraft will hold the selected speed by climbing/descending. The alt button should be lit up yellow when you engage the autopilot and hold the selected altitude when you reach it :) What version number does your CRJ have? The stores version could be outdated.