IXEG 737 Progress Update - December 12th FMS VNAV

tkyler

And when people do release an unfinished product with heavy expectation some people go bonkers...  :D For example wing flex. For some reason wing flex is super important to some people. I think there's too many FSX movies out there with someone sitting in the window seat showcasing modified/tinkered videos of a plane landing or taking off and the wing.... FLEXING. And then there's 50 shades of flex too. Some like it loose, some like it tight. And no one really knows just how much flex should be present. 

I'm just happy to be in the cockpit and landing. The fictional passengers are happy too I suppose. 

Wing flex is uber-important to many folks. At least as important as tunring off/on the landing lights EXACTLY when passing 10.000ft - or else the landing-light police is going to hunt you down.

Just look at the PSX 747 sim. It doesn't even offer a 3D Cockpit or an external model, just single 2D panels. Yet it's one of the most sophisticated sims an amateur can buy.

Edited by mgeiss
  • Upvote 1

Things that are NOT going to be in V1.0

Aircraft visual 3D model

• "Eyebrow windows". We could possibly add those later, but they require a lot of effort (cut 3D model, add windows, etc.). Down on the priority list, but once we run out of things to fix, who knows ;-)

http://forums.x-pilot.com/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v10/

Hi All,  We've posted another video demonstrating some of the VNAV features during the climb phase.  There are many different ways to control/affect the aircraft's vertical progress, including flaps, restrictions on speed and/or altitude and the MCP altitude knob.  Follow along with Jan as he explains some of the features of the climb phase.

Greetings from just up the road in KAUS!

I just learned about this project and am truly amazed and excited for its release. It's one of those cases where I can't wait to hand my money over. :-)

I did not find any info on where nav data will be sourced from for updates. Navigraph? Somewhere else?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

as you know, we don't give out release dates.  It would be a real bummer to give a release date and find a major bug the day before.  I would like to believe we are within 4-5 weeks as of today though.  All we can do is keep moving quickly..and that I can assure you we are.    It certainly gets closer every day though, that I can say.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 7

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2016 at 6:15 AM, tkyler said:

as you know, we don't give out release dates.  It would be a real bummer to give a release date and find a major bug the day before.  I would like to believe we are within 4-5 weeks as of today though.  All we can do is keep moving quickly..and that I can assure you we are.    It certainly gets closer every day though, that I can say.

-tkyler

17/02 Any News on Progress?

I was just now able to see the video of the FMC VNAV climb.  All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.  All the other airliners that I own for X-plane pale in comparison to this one.  If you tried to change things on the other airliner's  FMC's  as Jan did in the video, without a doubt, you either could not do it, or the FMC would have a "brain fart."  

Awesome job guys.  I can't wait to add this plane to my virtual hanger.  Once I do, the others will collect virtual dust.

Kevin

• Upvote 2

Great job!!! May I flip up an infant question, or questions: if I'm a dumb sim pilot - as I am :) - and I just want to mimic that Jan did after departure in the demo till he sets/changes the initial climb altitude to 8000 feet. (The cruising altitude is at F320, let say...) I'll do the same. Click on VNAV, the bird starts to climb bye the profile. Tops at 8000 - here the story can be splitted two ways: at close to 8000 feet the VNAV disengaged and ALT HLD will be active. In this stage I got a clearance from ATC continue climbing to FXXX (first variant), or after settled at altitude 8000 I turn the altitude knob to higher value. But - as I said - I'm an infant dumb sim pilot and I missed relevant schools about FMS/MCP guided flights, and after the MCP level modification the bird wont climb...Ok, you folks all know why. But in this situation I'm alone in trouble. And in the mean time the miles go bye.... Make the things even more complicated the flight I wanted to complete is a very short hop. Steep climb up to F320 then immediately drop the altitude because the destination is so close. So, after several minutes I realize that even I turned the altitude change knob to the next level, I missed to either push it to activate it (airbus style), or missed to push VNAV again to let the FMS guide the climb to the next altitude. I presume as a time goes by, I will run out of the profile contraints. So, not so far from this time I will reach the point from where the FMS cann't manage flight and says UNABLE TO CLIMB  or CRZ altitude defined in the flight plan. From now - I presume -, the original TOC and TOD (things related VNAV) going to be dropped into the trash. (Maybe not, I don't know...) How can I - as a dumb sim pilot - recover from this situation, and prepare the bird for landing and follow arrival procedures at the destination? Because I still need FMS/MCP at landing... Ok, I know this situation is very artficial, and not tipical - but in home based sim scenarios I'm sure it can happen with many of us. I'll be pleased if some one would light up on the solutions and a bit of background of the FMS/MCP guided flights with such a great bird, like 737CL.