Low resources - crash problem with v3

dpais

You are low on video memory; SkyMaxx Pro 2 just wouldn't have told you that. I'm not entirely sure that's what caused your crash, though.

I see you are using an old version of the SASL plugin (2.0.1) and that's known to cause some issues. The current version of SASL is 2.4. Try flying with a different plane, or see if an updated version of your plane is available that includes a newer SASL.

Apart from that, you are low on video memory, and that can also cause X-Plane to crash under some conditions. It seems to be a combination of your custom scenery and some very thick cloud conditions that you've entered into - you've got three layers of cumulus clouds indicated in the logs, probably coming from EFASS. If it's not SASL, something will have to go - your custom scenery or EFASS, or you can try reducing the draw distance or cloud detail settings in SkyMaxx Pro. If you have HDR on, turning it off can also help. If you want to run with good performance and stability with all of these extras running at once, you should consider purchasing a new video card with more onboard memory.

By the way, I see from your log that you're a customer of MaxxFX, SoundMaxx, and SkyMaxx Pro - thank you!

Edited by sundog

Thanks. Regarding SASL, actually I am running the latest version of the Carenado F33. I have tried several planes and the problem persists. I have uninstalled EFASS and the awkward behaviour is still there. I decided to uninstall SP v3 and re-install v2.1 for the time being. It is running fine again. I do agree with you that I have a very weak Graphics card. I need to get a new one and am hesitant about the model: Radeon ATI or GeForce GTX? 2 Gb or 4 Gb?