Load FMS-plans etc?

ionfresko

Hi all,

I just bought this plane, and god what a piece of work! So beautuful, complex....well, everything. There's alot to learn, that's for sure.

There is however two simple things I cannot seem to understand. The first is that the PANEL light on the overhead panel doesn't seem to do anything. I'm sure I have missed something?

The other thing is how to load FMS-plans into the GN530. If a recall one should push FPL, and the turn the right small know to see the FMS-plans placed in the Output/FMS-plans folder, and then ENT. But I cannot seem to bring up those plans I have in there.

What do I do wrong?

Regards, ionfresko

This is one of my videos that shows the process of programming the Garmin 530 in the 340A.

The first part, up to 4:08, shows how to plan a flight using FlightAware, and then create a .fms file for loading into the Garmin using x-planetools.com. After the 4:08 mark, the video shows how to actually program the Garmin in the airplane.

Brad

The first is that the PANEL light on the overhead panel doesn't seem to do anything. I'm sure I have missed something?
There is no PANEL "light" on the overhead.  I assume you mean the interior lights PANEL "dial"?  This controls the backlighting of the panels (text labels, etc.). Those lights are AC powered and, therefore, the inverter must be on for them to work.  Once the aircraft has DC power, place the MAIN INVERTER switch on the overhead panel to the "ON" position and the PANEL lights will work.

This is one of my videos that shows the process of programming the Garmin 530 in the 340A.

The first part, up to 4:08, shows how to plan a flight using FlightAware, and then create a .fms file for loading into the Garmin using x-planetools.com. After the 4:08 mark, the video shows how to actually program the Garmin in the airplane.

Brad

Nice video, Brad.  Thanks for sharing.