Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

20 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hmm, I can´t really tell anything wrong from the log files.

Here is what I would suggest:

1.) Make sure you are updated to the IXEG version 1.32 (currently latest).

2.) Try to run the latest Gizmo beta (you should have gotten an email with a download for an "updater" which will keep your Gizmo version current).

3.) Remove (physically move to another folder) all other plugins and see if that somehow helps?

If those steps don´t help, we need to wait for Tom to come home (Monday) or maybe @Ben Russellcan help with what that error message may mean?

Cheers, Jan

I will do a complete reinstall of the plane and try it with the Gizmo Beta since the Gizmo I've been using is the "stable" version. I will let you know if there's a noticeable change from before.

Cheers, mate! :)

• Like 1

Okay. Complete reinstall of the plane to the current version (1.32) with the Gizmo Beta (better visibility of the console and definitely a lot smoother rendering), BUT still have the same issue with the FMC's delayed initiation. I will await additional assistance here. (To be quite honest with you, this is an absolute gem of an aircraft, and if the FMC is still inoperable, I would have to resort to the old school way of navigating via VOR to VOR since I would hate to give up on this awesome plane because of one little issue...) Attached is a video showing that I am still unable to enter the location of the aircraft at Andrews AFB (or anywhere for that matter) either at Departure or Destination tabs.

GizmoLog.txt Log.txt

Ok - I was hoping that would help :(

Now I have to ask you to move all of your plugins (except DataRefeditor, the PluginAdmin and the two .framework and Gizmo) into a different folder to test if they affect your installation.

Let me know if that helped?

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, hawktb9 said:

Okay. Complete reinstall of the plane to the current version (1.32) with the Gizmo Beta (better visibility of the console and definitely a lot smoother rendering), BUT still have the same issue with the FMC's delayed initiation. I will await additional assistance here. (To be quite honest with you, this is an absolute gem of an aircraft, and if the FMC is still inoperable, I would have to resort to the old school way of navigating via VOR to VOR since I would hate to give up on this awesome plane because of one little issue...) Attached is a video showing that I am still unable to enter the location of the aircraft at Andrews AFB (or anywhere for that matter) either at Departure or Destination tabs.

B733_-_2020-07-18_08_38_25.avi

GizmoLog.txt 5.85 kB · 1 download Log.txt 47.09 kB · 1 download

Try renaming the folder:

X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/IXEG 737 Classic/fmc_data/NavData/ 

to

X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/IXEG 737 Classic/fmc_data/Navdata/

Hey, guys...

I am curious about something here... Is there any way I can compare the file folders of your aircraft to the one that were installed in mine?

I am wondering if the installer missed something somewhere?

P.S. Changing the file attachment from NavData to Navdata caused a CTD. Had to undo that change, and it worked just fine. Still getting the delayed fmc initiation through the gui on the Console. (Same fault code as on the attachment I sent a few days ago.)

5 minutes ago, hawktb9 said:

Hey, guys...

I am curious about something here... Is there any way I can compare the file folders of your aircraft to the one that were installed in mine?

I am wondering if the installer missed something somewhere?

P.S. Changing the file attachment from NavData to Navdata caused a CTD. Had to undo that change, and it worked just fine. Still getting the delayed fmc initiation through the gui on the Console. (Same fault code as on the attachment I sent a few days ago.)

Too bad, I was hoping that was it... no, I am afraid there really isn´t a way to clinically compare the files.

Another thought - do you have any type of live virus checking running? It could be that the attempt to read data from the NavData folder is not fulfilled in time because a  live virus check is stalling that data stream. We have a similiar problem with the live checking of Windows Defender, and users have to exempt the X-Plane folder from checking or it will slow the data exchange down too much.

Cheers, Jan

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2021 at 5:33 AM, Litjan said:

Heresy!

There is always a possibility, I throw this one onto the stack of ideas and suggestions ;). I have to check if X-Plane offers those lights natively.

Cheers, Jan

LOL! In all honesty, this bird is just an absolute dream to fly (all the previous issues I had with the FMC are resolved with the recent update), and I just can't get enough of the Classic. ;)

Cheers, mate! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Litjan,

Im wondering if it will be able to fly an AP go around during an autoland in further ixeg upgrades. I dont know if this issue is relationed with VNAV/LNAV codes work or not... Im just a B737 classic pilot who wants to keep up their skills XD

Many thanks in advance, regards,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

you already can! There is currently a bug with the autopilot disengaging if you hit TOGA while the FLARE mode is engaged, but if you hit TOGA before that (like when not seeing any lights at 50 feet) the autopilot will stay engaged and fly the go-around for you.

Cheers, Jan