Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

Is there a new "maybe release" date? Like January 2016?

Or are we just waiting for the pre release tutorial videos?

Almost there - we want to make sure "we have it" before announcing a firm release date. Once the plane is feature complete (for V1.0) we will announce the date, then its another few weeks to finish everything up - during these weeks we will release the tutorial videos one by one.

Jan

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This means it will be released somewhere in february or march

We have no idea really.  We are on the final stretch and working very hard.  Every FMS page shipping in V1.0 is in place and we are calibrating our VNAV performance calculations.  I would remind everyone we are sim consumers ourselves and we make no decisions we ourselves wouldn't be willing to live with as consumers....and we want it as right as we can get it given current constraints.    Doing so means years of satisfaction instead of 'days of frustration'.   and March is no good for me, I'll be out of savings by then.....earlier actually ;)

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 8

Something for entertainment while waiting...

Here a cool video of a 737-400 performing flight tests because of wingstalls before the autoslat kicks in.

Some shots of the wing (either with or without flow indicating wires) and in the cockpit. Not a -300, still a classic.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think we we're told we'd have some tutorial videos 4-5 weeks before the release. That hasn't happened, so if the plan hasn't changed we probably have some waiting still ahead. But, I've taken a healthy break from our beloved sim for the time being, so the release will be even sweeter! Who knows, we might even get the Real Weather Connector and SMP 3.1 at some point. Good times ahead!

• Upvote 1