Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

Hello Captains,

It is with great excitement we announce the opening of the IXEG discussion forums.

You'll note multiple sections here. The first is where you've now ended up, which is General Discussion topics about IXEG as a whole and any future products, or questions you may have to ask to the team. The second is an official Work In Progress section where multiple topics will be created by the team to show you progress of add-ons (at this time the 737 Classic).

I have the privilege to show you a few exclusive 737 Classic screenshots on a beta test flight I did between KSFO and KLAX. Before I get on to these, however, you should check out the brand new video showcasing the 737 Classic's FMC route editing features.

Now, enjoy the screenshots! NOTE: Click images to see larger!

B733_3.jpg

B733_8.jpg

B733_14.jpg

B733_18.jpg

• Upvote 15

This will be a definite addition to making XPlane the 'game changer' in flight simming.

This teams tireless effort for 100% perfection is absolutely admirable. 

With the way its looking, surely its only a few more months/weeks/days/minutes/seconds from release.

As many have said, I also cannot wait for this bad-boy.

Bring it on IXEG crew!

Hello everyone.. just created my account here to stay up to date!

Just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to the whole IXEG Team! I buy this lady on the day of release.. and I cant wait any longer :)

Greets from Frankfurt am Main, EDDF needs this plane :)

• Upvote 1

A question about scroll-wheel support. Is it on the agenda? I understand there are some far more urgent things but would be nice to know if it's been thought about

I'll leave this one to Tom or Jan to discuss. 

That said, I'll come out and say straight up IXEG's implementation of dial and knob turnings with the mouse without scroll are the best I've ever experienced. There is a natural feel to them.

What is usually a very cumbersome task is almost too easy with this aircraft (even with a trackball mouse), and as such I've found myself thinking if scroll wheel support was rolled out I would probably NOT use it given IXEG's current solution (and I'm a big fan of scroll wheel).

• Upvote 2

Certainly we have thought about it and my personal take on is, "make it a preference".    Of course the nature of implmenting the preference in a reliable way demands some forethought..maybe not much, but certainly not none.    We are on a fast track to getting a accurate and operable aircraft out, but will give up on what we call, "conveniences" until after the initial release. 

Its been five years, time to get something out the door and our position is as long as you can operate the aircraft fully and reliably (for VATSIM ops and realistic operation), that we'll take that for an initial release.  That being said...you can see from the videos that the controls are quite operable and dare we say, "natural" after a bit of usage....not perfect, but not bad.  There are times I wish I had a scroll wheel, but its few and far between. ....so lack of the feature is definetly not a reason to withold release.   

Our list of TODOs, post release is decently long:  more animations, more preferences, hardware integration, failures module, more  convenience tools, etc.  Which ones get addressed first, or make it out the door before the initial release remains to be seen. 

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 3

I have watched the IXEG1 YouTube videos so many times and love Jan's commentary. So excited about flying this aircraft and definitely going to be worth the wait. 

Its been five years, time to get something out the door and our position is as long as you can operate the aircraft fully and reliably (for VATSIM ops and realistic operation), that we'll take that for an initial release.  That being said...you can see from the videos that the controls are quite operable and dare we say, "natural" after a bit of usage....not perfect, but not bad.  There are times I wish I had a scroll wheel, but its few and far between. ....so lack of the feature is definetly not a reason to withold release.

After this post I am feeling even more excited   :)

It does indeed look quite effortless - I think a lot of people are a bit wary because we've seen some pretty bad manipulators in XP before, nothing worse than trying to tune a twitchy fiddly radio in a hurry! On this one it does look quite firm and almost satisfying : )

Loving the quick responses, you've excited a lot of people even further today. No doubt it will be a day one purchase here. 

• Upvote 1

Does the FMS as implemented calculate the Vspeeds in a user-friendly way like the FJS732 and PMDG?

Thanks.

I am not sure what a "user friendly way" is.....but if you enter the minimum required data, then the V-speeds are calculated and you can "double-click" on the V-speeds (once to copy them to the scratchpad...2nd click to 'apply' them) to get them applied to the speed tape on the EADI.  Jan demonstrates this in one of his videos.....though my old brain can't remember which.

-tkyler