Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

Hi there,

we have not heard of any problems or incompatibilities with the newest X-Plane versions. To avoid a graphical glitch (not cockpit textures in certain situations) please do not use the "show vertices" option.

If you experience crashes this hints at a problem with third-party downloads or your hardware (overclocking, damaged RAM, etc). The only way to find out is to remove all other plugins and then see if the crash persists. If it doesn´t then add the other plugins slowly to find out which one is incompatible.

Let us know if you find out which one is the problem, please.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan,

I appreciate your speedy and helpful response. I hadn't thought of RAM. Interesting. I must admit I do cane my system :-) It's 5 years since I put it together, pus a RAM upgrade  2 years ago to 24Gb..

At this stage I've reinstalled a second copy of XP 11.41rc1 and a fresh install of the IXEG. No improvement.  Hmm, it does feel like a memory crash for XP - with Win 10 staying up albeit a bit shaky, prompting a reboot. My RAM is not clocked, while CPU is (4.4Ghz from 3.7 stock).

I'll be sure to report back to you.  Thanks again.

Yours

Gareth

Hi Jan

My RAM tested 100% OK. The 'offending' plugin proved to be X-ATC Chatter. After a more careful reinstall all now seems to be well with the IXEG and I take all the blame naturally. 

So, I'm struck all over again at the sheer integrity of this simulation. Thanks again for creating it for us and supporting it the way you do. You can't beat a labour of love, right?  

We look forward greatly to the results of the IXEG development work you and the team have under way.   

Cheers!

Gareth
(Ex Southampton Uni Air Squadron, UK, Hampshire 1963-5)   

Hi Gareth,

thanks for investigating and especially sharing the results of that with us! Naturally there is no blame to place - sometimes things just don´t co-exist well, it seems - although we do (did) take care to not violate anything when writing the code of our 737.

The 737 is indeed a labour of love - for no one less than for me - and while it certainly has it´s shortcomings, I am alway happy when someone enjoys it!

Cheers, Jan

• 2 months later...

Hello Can anyone help me. It seems every time XPlane does an update they forget something in terms of coding for this aircraft.

I open the aircraft and it sits for 3 seconds before crahing to desktop? is there anything I am doing wrong. 

I have removed plugins and replaced them and it still does not make a difference. Is this a conflict between X enviro? 

G64:  68.707: utils.newFolder(D:/X-Plane 11/X-Aviation/)
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--

6 minutes ago, rileyr00 said:

Hello Can anyone help me. It seems every time XPlane does an update they forget something in terms of coding for this aircraft.

I open the aircraft and it sits for 3 seconds before crahing to desktop? is there anything I am doing wrong. 

I have removed plugins and replaced them and it still does not make a difference. Is this a conflict between X enviro? 

G64:  68.707: utils.newFolder(D:/X-Plane 11/X-Aviation/)
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--

Post your entire log.txt and gizmolog.txt files. 

When you answer this post, use the blue "choose files" underneath. Click it, then go to your main X-Plane folder (after the program crashed) - then locate the file

GizmoLog.Txt

Click on it, then choose "open". After that you will see it beneath your post - click on the litte + to attach it to your post.

Do the same for the Log.txt (you can add both in a single step, if you select them both while holding CTRL).

Cheers, Jan

On 3/4/2020 at 2:05 AM, Litjan said:

When you answer this post, use the blue "choose files" underneath. Click it, then go to your main X-Plane folder (after the program crashed) - then locate the file

GizmoLog.Txt

Click on it, then choose "open". After that you will see it beneath your post - click on the litte + to attach it to your post.

Do the same for the Log.txt (you can add both in a single step, if you select them both while holding CTRL).

Cheers, Jan

Thank you Please help

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

You are running an enourmous amount of plugins and extra scenery. Several of these plugins are known to cause problematic behaviour if not updated diligently.

To find the conflicting plugin, disable all of them,  then run the IXEG 737. If that works, add your plugins back in batches or one by one until the problem reoccurs. Once you have identified the conflicting plugin, check for an update of it.

I know you said that you already did that, but if that is indeed true, you may have a hardware or windows installation problem. Your log.txt does not show that X-Plane detected any crash.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 1 month later...

Hi Cassio,

The update will be applicable and work for all XP11.30+ users - and with some caveats to all other users at well:

It must be noted (and we will make everyone aware at the time of download) that it is tuned for the "new experimental flight model". This means that if you run an X-Plane version that does not have this flight model option (which will become the norm in the future), your IXEG 737 will still work and fly - but the performance will be off (a bit).

To make our 737 work well with the new flightmodel required tuning of the aerodynamic model in planemaker and airfoil maker, and it is not possible to switch those modifications on and off in the code like we did for our "scripted" flightmodel adjustments.

So for the XP10 and pre XP11.3x fliers out there: The 737 will still work as before - you can either not apply the patch or you can live with the slight discrepancy in the flight model. I really don´t see a reason to not upgrade your XP11 version to the latest, though (you can still run OpenGL mode in 11.5x+!).

In general it is obvious that we would like to have continuous support for all three versions (XP10, XP11.0x and XP11.3x+), but eventually the complexity of this is getting too big. Just like X--Plane itself our product is evolving and following progress...which means that older versions may become obsolete after a few years. I know that some people can´t afford to upgrade to newer hardware that supports XP11 or have built elaborate home cockpits that run XP10, only - but I don´t think it is fair to the vast majority of users that stay in tune with the development of technology and X-Plane to forego an evolving product to cater to this small (yet sometimes very vocal!) minority.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just bought the newest version of the Ixeg 737 and having a hard time with crashes to desktop. 

First, it worked with the Gizmo Beta version. But sadly the displays stayed black. So I de-installed the Ixeg 737, re-installed it, now with Gizmo stable installed. Now the displays worked. But after 10 seconds crash to desktop. Once again I de-installed the 737, installed it again with Gizmo Beta. Displays were now black again but in addition now crash to desktop  after ten seconds.

I have attached the latest log-file.

Can you help me with my problem?

Would be great.

Regards

Log.txt

8 minutes ago, Boneking said:

Hi,

I just bought the newest version of the Ixeg 737 and having a hard time with crashes to desktop. 

First, it worked with the Gizmo Beta version. But sadly the displays stayed black. So I de-installed the Ixeg 737, re-installed it, now with Gizmo stable installed. Now the displays worked. But after 10 seconds crash to desktop. Once again I de-installed the 737, installed it again with Gizmo Beta. Displays were now black again but in addition now crash to desktop  after ten seconds.

I have attached the latest log-file.

Can you help me with my problem?

Would be great.

Regards

Log.txt

Easy - your traffic global crashed.

Look here for further info:

Cheers, Jan

• 2 weeks later...

Having lost sight of my objective I decided to redoubled my efforts ... and I believe I'm getting there ;-)

In the attempt to get to the bottom of my crashes and clashes (with SkyMaXX) I tried every trick in the book with plugins and prefs, and even installed a 2nd copy of XP11.50 to do it all over. But regardless, when flying the IXEG the only way to avoid a graceful 'XP crash' a few minutes into the flight was to delete SilverLining from plugins. As long as i did that the flights were all sweetness and light, albeit with the absence of the wonderful SkyMaxx visuals.

So, next step was to do some straw-grabbing and reinstall IXEG v.1.3. This time I would try and load the fancy beta Gizmo (previously it had scuppered the install). 

Presto, the classy interface followed by a clean install. No more crashes! Methinks some serious tweaking has been done here. I mean ever the mouse can count upwards now ;-)

Whatever the team did - thanks.  Now, my only issue is relatively minor. A few minutes after setting up a new IXEG flight a green text message top of screen tells me Lua had been disabled. I lose a few helpful things like 3jFPS but no crash. But when I instruct Lua to 'reinstall all scrips' the error message disappears and we're back in business.  It might do it again or it might not. 

Compared to the earlier hassled this is a minor irritation which I pass on to all in the hope it help, or rings some bells. Or, perhaps like myself, enjoy tweaking XP more that playing some mindless game on their tablet.            

Cheers

GizmoLog.txt

Thanks for that report, SUAS!

Ben is continuously working on Gizmo and it certainly is worth exploring the latest betas he posts!

Not sure what is going on with your FlyWithLua - I run it on my installation (with the smartWinch script for soaring) and it seems to work flawless...however I don´t use SkyMaxx.

Cheers, Jan

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hello Hawk,

we would need to see a full log.txt file attached (find it in your X-Plane directory) to start diagnosing this.

I will also draw your attention to this post:

this may help in singleing out the problem.

Cheers, Jan

Jan,

Here is the Gizmo log.txt, and for some odd reason, it doesn't show up in the full log.txt on XP. *scratches head*

GizmoLog.txt

Hmm, I can´t really tell anything wrong from the log files.

Here is what I would suggest:

1.) Make sure you are updated to the IXEG version 1.32 (currently latest).

2.) Try to run the latest Gizmo beta (you should have gotten an email with a download for an "updater" which will keep your Gizmo version current).

3.) Remove (physically move to another folder) all other plugins and see if that somehow helps?

If those steps don´t help, we need to wait for Tom to come home (Monday) or maybe @Ben Russellcan help with what that error message may mean?

Cheers, Jan