Official IXEG forum now open!

Cameron

• 1 month later...

I have a continuous ticking sound after takeoff, similar to fuselage stress, cant get rid of it, flaps, gear, speed brakes are all up, medium throttle, drives me crazy.

What is this sound/alert, and how do i turn it off?

Edit:

Found the source, gear lever wont go up in cockpit, but outside it does.

Sound starts once i try to retract.

Is this a bug, or a built in failure i need to turn off?

Cheers

1 hour ago, gr8pics said:

I have a continuous ticking sound after takeoff, similar to fuselage stress, cant get rid of it, flaps, gear, speed brakes are all up, medium throttle, drives me crazy.

What is this sound/alert, and how do i turn it off?

Edit:

Found the source, gear lever wont go up in cockpit, but outside it does.

Sound starts once i try to retract.

Is this a bug, or a built in failure i need to turn off?

Cheers

Not a built-in failure... possibly one in X-Plane (failure menu) or some clash with a hardware axis assigned to the gear lever?

Cheers, Jan

42 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Not a built-in failure... possibly one in X-Plane (failure menu) or some clash with a hardware axis assigned to the gear lever?

Cheers, Jan

Hmm, lever assigned to my Saitek quadrant in the joystick menu. Where else could the conflict be?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 11:33 AM, alireza.kish said:

hi to ixeg 

i buy and install b737 v1.1 for xp11 , every think is ok but when i want go to plane maker for fix apu get me this error

photo_2017-06-14_21-02-50.jpg

That because its not compatible with XP11, IXEG has stated this numerous times, use at your own risk with XP11 untill they put out the update

• 4 weeks later...

I'm new here, but is it just me, or do the winglets look "off". I've flown on plenty of 737-300s with winglets, and the IXEG don't seem to have the correct shape. I apologize if I'm coming across as hateful or mean, but I feel like it's the only thing "wrong" with this plane.

(The in-game screenshot was before the 1.2 update)

maxresdefault (6).jpg

B733_423.png

31 minutes ago, klosurdo said:

There are two different types. The one you show in sim is the older one. They are still on some 737's. See pix taken this morning.98cb62ade9facdfc4be451095ceaae2f.jpg

I understand that, however the IXEG still do not feel that realistic. I've spent the past 15 minutes looking for a winglet similar to the IXEG one, and I've yet to find one. All of them are sloped at a different angle at the back side of the winglet. See images below, all of them are sloped at a different angle at the rear. I understand that aircraft winglet designs change over time, however it doesn't feel that accurate. The back side of the winglet is at an angle that appears to be incorrect. As you can see in the Jet2 winglet picture, it's different (as you mentioned), however even that design isn't very similar to the IXEG variant. Again, I'm not trying to bash, or say the IXEG isn't realistic, it's just this is a thing that has bothered me, and many others for quite some time now, having flown on many, many -300s (With and without winglets).

0.jpg

alpn14324.jpg

download.jpg

maxresdefault (6).jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Boeing-737-300.jpg

Edited by JordanCO_TV

Dang, I am convinced now!

And I also see that we must reasses our bugfixing and feature priority.

As of right now, FMS, VNAV and cabin 3d are on hold until we get this most pressing omission squared away...

Tom, please delete that VNAV overhaul and get cranking on the winglets! B)B)B).

Honestly... real classics don't have winglets....

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 3

I'm not asking for it to be done immediately, it's just something I'd like to see be changed maybe within a couple updates in the future. If you're someone like me who flies the WN -300s, all of them have winglets and it just bothers me flying without them (unless flying Desert Gold), :P:P:P:P

Don't forget the angle, viewpoint and view mode, zoom and field of view all play a role on how they appear in XP, so your "documentation" is weak. You need to check these things in Blender, measurements, angles etc.  Also, don't forget some 400 (!!!) liveries probably will need an update if they get modified and will look ugly until/if they will get updated.

• Upvote 1

I've flown it with different FOVs/angles for months now, and have walked around real -300s for SWA in maintenance hangars (not saying this in a bragging way just giving experience). The Winglets aren't correct, and that's just it. Look at all the angles you wish, but I've yet to see it correctly mimick the real object. I know very well that it likely will cause liveries issues (but remember, a pretty decent about of liveries either only have blank winglets, no winglets, or just one solid colour). For the third time, I'm not here to bash, or hate on IXEG and their marvelous product, but this is something thay has bothered me, and everyone else whom I fly with notices it. I respect the work the IXEG team has done, and truly believe it's a good aircraft. If you choose not to (which I'm assuming you likely won't), while I will be most certainly disappointed, I'll continue to be a customer and use it. Regardless, given from experience, looking through hundreds of views, I strongly believe they are incorrect and should at least be revised or looked at sometime in the future (once many other issues are resolved)

Edited by JordanCO_TV
Fixing typo
  • Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm having a big problem with the autopilot.  I will takeoff and will be flying in LNAV or HDG SEL for a while, and the auto pilot will go to CWS.  If I push LNAV again it will just keep turning off as will HDG SEL.

I can't get any auto pilot functions to work after a while, not even VOR/LOC or APP.  

I have uninstalled the 733 and re-installed it, but I'm still having the same results.

It looks to me like the yoke is moving too much when I'm on LNAV and it must be kicking it to CWS. 

I just screwed up a landing after a two hour flight on Pilotedge. I'm not a happy camper.  Please help.

I am using FSGRW. Could that be having a bad effect on the autopilot?

Thank you,

Bob