KDTW payware WIP --- KDTW+KYIP+KARB+more!

Attitude

Looks like I need to revise the file, wow, a year later, *pat myself on back and slow clap at same time! Thanks for your patience Tim and I hope you enjoy the beautiful evening approaches into KLAN. I love flying from KLAN to MisterX's KBOS and back. Makes for a great flight!

On 7/21/2016 at 10:48 AM, Attitude said:

Looks like I need to revise the file, wow, a year later, *pat myself on back and slow clap at same time! Thanks for your patience Tim and I hope you enjoy the beautiful evening approaches into KLAN. I love flying from KLAN to MisterX's KBOS and back. Makes for a great flight!

Believe you me, it was worth working out.  I've been flying in and out of it a lot these past few days.

I know you've had a scrape with the .org as was alluded to in a post somewhere, so I'm glad to see you are going to update it.  As my late father used to say "I'm not telling you what to do, but if it were me..."  LOL.  I'd hate to have people have second thoughts about your upcoming KDTW payware because of a negative installation experience with a freeware offering.

And yes, MisterX's scenery....any of it....is fantastic as well. 

Tim

Edited by Tim013

• 1 month later...
On 26. 2. 2016 at 1:27 AM, hadoken said:

Do you like X-Plane 10? Do you want to see continued high quality sceneries like this developer is building? If so support this project with your money. This is only my opinion, but I think that XPX has a problem. This platform has so much potential. However we have a freeware first mentality in this community. Because of this way of thinking, XPX has been saturated with garbage. There's a reason why the recently announced LOWI is coming to every platform other than XPX. That's because Aerosoft knows that you will not buy it. No you prefer to use a garbage freeware version instead, but then complain that we don't have any quality scenery in XPX.

No FlyTampa, FlightBeam, FSDT or Taxi2Gate for us. The freeware junk is just to competitive. This developer is bringing us top quality with KDTW. I have followed this project since it was announced. I'm writing this in hopes that you will all BUY this scenery so that the developer will continue to support the best FS platform which is XPX.

The reason developers continue to support an old 32Bit  platform is because the customers BUY it. Yes they give money for quality scenery. Based on these screens I have very high hopes for this developer. And I hope all of you will show your support for this work.

We do not need  FlyTampa, FlightBeam, FSDT or Taxi2Gate and others what  live their dream of eternal FSX / P3D.

For Example: JustSim, PilotPlus, Drzewiecki Design and etc,etc.

http://store.x-plane.org/LOWI-Innsbruck-Airport_p_510.html

http://www.x-plane.uk.com/

http://store.x-plane.org/Drzewiecki-Airports_c_157.html

• Downvote 1

We do not need  FlyTampa, FlightBeam, FSDT or Taxi2Gate and others what  live their dream of eternal FSX / P3D.

There are perhaps two developers that have currently made available payware sceneries directly comparable to FlyTampa or FSDreamTeam. (Southwest Florida from Aerosoft and later Nimbus sceneries) We might have some other good payware, but FSX has several developers continually making top-quality payware sceneries to which we have no direct comparison.

8 hours ago, letec said:

No disrespect to the developers on your list, but only one out of that three is bringing consistent decent quality to XPX, and only MisterX can claim to be on the level of FlyTampa in X-Plane 10.

Based on the screens coming from Attitude Simulations, if they get KDTW right, then they will probably be the best XPX scenery developer.

Standing by with great interest in Icarus's KORD. Their Manchester was good.

No disrespect to the developers on your list, but only one out of that three is bringing consistent decent quality to XPX, and only MisterX can claim to be on the level of FlyTampa in X-Plane 10.

Based on the screens coming from Attitude Simulations, if they get KDTW right, then they will probably be the best XPX scenery developer.

Standing by with great interest in Icarus's KORD. Their Manchester was good.

I like MisterX as much as the next guy, but let's be frank - his stuff is amazing for freeware. While excellent scenery, it's not close to the stuff coming out of FlyTampa or Taxi2Gate (although certainly better than a lot of the garbage that gets peddled as payware on the ORG)

• Upvote 1

I take it from the radio silence that you're hard at work on this package which I'm sure will raise the bar for XP scenery and attract even more people to this amazing sim. I'm wondering if in your next update you could show off the B/C satellite at DTW? As soon as you release the scenery it will be the new home of my Saab 340 and CRJ-200, so I'd love to see a preview! Keep up the good work and I'm seriously anxious for this scenery! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hamoody said:

I take it from the radio silence that you're hard at work on this package which I'm sure will raise the bar for XP scenery and attract even more people to this amazing sim. I'm wondering if in your next update you could show off the B/C satellite at DTW? As soon as you release the scenery it will be the new home of my Saab 340 and CRJ-200, so I'd love to see a preview! Keep up the good work and I'm seriously anxious for this scenery! 

You are exactly right. Instead of working to show off the work I decided to focus on tasks that would get me closer to my end goal. By "B/C Satellite" I take that as McNamara Concourse B & C correct? I think the next DTW update will come after KARB release and will showcase all three and a half terminals fully completed and the video walk-through I have been planning for AGES. Cheers! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Yes KARB is payware. 

As far as DTW I am really excited to get back to it but dreading Downtown Detroit. Once you fly around KTTF's commercial district you will understand how faithful I am to realism and accuracy. I hope all these business appreciate the free advertising. 

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
53 minutes ago, 737PilotChris said:

Any news?? I hope this project isn't dead!! X Plane 11 needs a good payware scenery for KDTW!

I took some time off of scenery to work on something I feel will bring myself up to the next level. Started Torquesim with Cooper Le'Comp of AFM. Torquesim.com 

Scenery is a very tough market to do well in and aircraft seem to be much more stable especially for someone like myself who does this fulltime. With the loss of our last artist I will be looking to add another building modeler and texture artist. I have out sourced the ground work and Maps2Xplane will be doing the mesh work. I also now work at DTW so I am acquiring new source photos and information...Like the fact they are starting to tear down the old tower and Smith Terminal to convert it into the new deicing pad. So things like this will be in the first version of DTW from Attitude. The airport itself is pretty much complete. I just need someone to texture and continue where I left off. I do have someone in mind and we are in talks now but time will tell how serious they are. 

Thanks for your support and encouragement!

Cheers!

Steaven McKenzie 

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer and it's nice to hear that the project is not dead! I wish you the best luck to finish this stunning work. It would be a shame if this project would not be completed! So this scenery would be a great enrichment for the whole XP11 add-on library. You have my full support and a day one purchase if it is availabe!

cheers :)

Edited by 737PilotChris
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Looking forward too having my Home airport and good Payware for KDTW as well.. I too work at KDTW.. I guess that's why it matters to me to have it look its best. So glad its good hands and with someone who also works here at KDTW so you well aware of KDTW condition and demo of old Smith..  Be glad when its out, when it gets too that point.. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Trell B said:

Three years later.......nothing.....

Three years later I am doing something that makes me happy and having a blast with it. ;)

But in all seriousness I have had people come to me to try and take over my work but two years worth of 3d from someone else is a huge feat to manage. It is almost better to start from scratch. Some big companies came to me making sure I was not still working on it but I have seen nothing from them about it since. DTW is a monster project. 

The mesh system in X plane is not friendly and neither are certain devs who hold the keys to custom proprietary software which would have allowed me to properly model the advanced terrain DTW offers. I modeled each floor of the terminal and thus needed to have a working mesh system for me to complete it. On top of that after almost being arrested there twice and then eventually working as a deicer there I felt some closure to that chapter in my career. It was a true learning experience. 

I am sorry I was never able to bring this forth. If someone with 3d talents wants to try and attempt to dissect the 40GB of files and bring a freeware version forward I can try to work something out.