Ripped Off

chuckk1

I just spent $32 for the McPHat ATR 72-500 and it is a total joke.  The instruments in the cockpit are basically useless and unreadable.  No gauge has any readable markings, everything is blurred out.  Is this some kind of beta test software?  How can they charge $32 for this?

post-25806-0-07372800-1446010740_thumb.p

• Upvote 1

It is the rendering settings....kind of.    In plane-maker, there is a checkbox for specific objects whereby it tells x-plane to "not reduce the texture resolution" when you scale back your rendering settings.  This is intended for exactly this  kind of situation, to allow you to reduce texture resolution for scenery or objects "not in front of the camera" while keeping other textures (i.e. cockpit) hi-rez and readable.   McPhat might have missed this one when developing their plane...its an easy fix though.

The trick is to find which object uses that texture, then go into plane-maker and check that checkbox for that object.  Alternatively, you can check it for all of the objects and then the plane would probably look spectacular....but consume in inordinate amount of VRAM.

-tkyler

• Upvote 1

May I suggest to turn to official support first, before opening a "ripped off, how can they..." topic in a general x-plane forum. That would be more reasonable.

Or, if you want to take it to the community, it would be appropriate to ask for help like "Am I missing something?".

My feeling is that way too many people start complaining loudly about developers right away - before doing their own homework.

Hope you get the blurryness fixed anyway.

Flo

• Upvote 2

You have selected a very low texture resolution on your x-plane install -- There should be no wonder why all your texture resolutions are low.

Rendering Settings > Texture Resolution > Very High (or Extreme) -- Then restart X-Plane.

The *only* reason you should be running such a low texture resolution is if you have a PC from the 1980s and only have 32 Megabytes of video ram. (In fact, it behooves me to know why Laminar even allows the user to select such a low texture resolution).

Edited by chris k