"Too low gear" error on takeoff

breadwild

Brad,

Did this occur when you first opened the sim and loaded the Saab, or was this after another flight with the Saab or any other aircraft?

The only thing I noticed is that you retracted the gear very soon after takeoff, which my have triggered the alert but I would have to look at the logic of the GPWS to be sure.

I get this quite often myself. Usually on the 2nd or 3rd landing takeoff of the day, ie never on the first one. In my case I only fly the SAAB, so a previously loaded aircraft is not the problem.

I usually retract the gear at about the time as in the video - having established positive climb and no chance of landing straight ahead.

Edited by kneighbour

I get this quite often myself. Usually on the 2nd or 3rd landing of the day, ie never on the first one.
Seems to me you are experiencing a different probelem.  You are stating that the problem occurs on landing whereas Brad was reporting a problem while taking off.  In addition, there are several different GPWS warnings.  I would need to know which warning you received.  Other parameters are critical as well, such as radio altitude, speed, vertical speed, flap status, gear status, etc.  The more info you give, the better chance I have of finding the bug (if there is one).  Just telling us that you have a problem without giving us any details is not helpful.

Seems to me you are experiencing a different probelem.  You are stating that the problem occurs on landing whereas Brad was reporting a problem while taking off.  In addition, there are several different GPWS warnings.  I would need to know which warning you received.  Other parameters are critical as well, such as radio altitude, speed, vertical speed, flap status, gear status, etc.  The more info you give, the better chance I have of finding the bug (if there is one).  Just telling us that you have a problem without giving us any details is not helpful.

Sorry - merely a typo. I meant "takeoff", not landing. Just as in the video. I did not consider it a bug - nor even a real problem. But if it is not supposed to happen, then I can confirm that it does indeed happen.

JGregory,

The first take off was fine, no annunciator. Then, without reloading the aircraft, I landed the aircraft taxied into position and took off again—then "too low, gear." Again, without restarting or reloading, I landed and taxied into position and took off (linked video)—"too low, gear!"

Not a big deal, but a little disconcerting.

Brad

Edited by breadwild

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On January 22, 2016 at 3:46 PM, JGregory said:

Yes, but we never give exact release dates for obvious reasons.

Any chance this could get resolved soon? It's been open for over half a year and should be a fairly trivial fix: just reset the GPWS' state after landing. Alternatively, shouldn't the GPWS shut up about gear if a climb rate is established? That'd work for go-around as well.

Any chance this could get resolved soon? It's been open for over half a year and should be a fairly trivial fix: just reset the GPWS' state after landing. Alternatively, shouldn't the GPWS shut up about gear if a climb rate is established? That'd work for go-around as well.

There's a lot more going into the next update than just this, so it's not as trivial as you make it out to be.

12 hours ago, Cameron said:

There's a lot more going into the next update than just this, so it's not as trivial as you make it out to be.

Reason I'm asking is that the last post in this thread has been over half a year ago and since then, nothing I'm aware of. Of course, I'm super stoked to see LES support their product so far past launch. I thought the 340 was a done deal by now and they were looking elsewhere. The fact that the 340 is still gonna get updated so many years is deserving of nothing but praise.

• 1 month later...

Is the update to the 340A still gonna happen? Another two months have passed with seemingly little new info. Maybe I just missed it, but I figured it's best to just ask. If there's anything a fellow 3rd party xplane dev can do to help, I'd love to put a hand in. TBH, I wouldn't even mind if this were a paid update for a modest fee, just to let you guys know that continued customer support post launch is worth it.

A rather large update is still being worked on.  Apart from the bug fixes that are being looked at and fixed, there are a LOT of cosmetic changes that are taking place.  I'll post comparison images from that some time in the near future.  

Any help we would need would likely be in the form of testing for XP11.  But we'll know more about that when XP11 is out.

Paid upgrades can be a very touchy subject for some people.  We'll post details about that when the time comes.  For now, work continues on getting this aircraft ready for XP11.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, jeffreymg said:

I am planning on buying the 340 today but was wondering about all the problems with the aircraft? I see alot of posts about a update coming out for the past number of months, before I spend my money just want to make sure that will be happening soon.

JeffG

If i were you i would wait until the new version is released. not because the old version is bad (Which it isn't, its amazing) but because the new version will be a paid upgrade. If you want the plane now and dont mind spending probably another $15-30, I would definitely buy it. Personally i havent had any problems, but since a new version is *Hopefully* almost here, i would wait for the new version.