[Linux] No avionics sound after update

tharan

You are talking about the background noise of the avionics fans?

That's easily fixed. Open the CRJ200.acf with a text editor (I use BBEdit). Search for the string

P acf/_avionics_EQ 0
change that to

P acf/_avionics_EQ 1
and save.

This has nothing to do with Linux. It's just that X-Plane now checks the presence of an avionics switch in the panel to decide whether it should play the sound. Since the CRJ-200 doesn't have a dedicated "avionics power switch" (it decides based on whether the DC ESS bus is powered) as a panel instrument, X-Plane needs to be explicitly told that there is an avionics system that can make noise.

You are talking about the background noise of the avionics fans?That's easily fixed. Open the CRJ200.acf with a text editor (I use BBEdit). Search for the string

P acf/_avionics_EQ 0
change that to
P acf/_avionics_EQ 1
and save.This has nothing to do with Linux. It's just that X-Plane now checks the presence of an avionics switch in the panel to decide whether it should play the sound. Since the CRJ-200 doesn't have a dedicated "avionics power switch" (it decides based on whether the DC ESS bus is powered) as a panel instrument, X-Plane needs to be explicitly told that there is an avionics system that can make noise.
Now I see why only the CRJ is affected. Thanks a lot for your explanation!

You are talking about the background noise of the avionics fans?That's easily fixed. Open the CRJ200.acf with a text editor (I use BBEdit). Search for the string

P acf/_avionics_EQ 0
change that to
P acf/_avionics_EQ 1
and save.

Apparently not easy enough for me. ;-) I have changed the .acf file accordingly, but unfortunately the avionics fan sound still doesn't work.

What's the status of the variable sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on (use dataref editor to inspect)? Note that this will come on ONLY if the DC ESS bus is powered from the ESS TRU, which in turn is powered by the AC ESS bus. So unless you have that power established, you will hear nothing.

When both the avionics_EQ in the plane is 1 and this variable is on, you will hear the fan.

If not, check your volume sliders in the sound menu.

if sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_EQ is 0 then you are loading an acf file where it is 0 - are you sure you were editing the correct .acf? Maybe you have one of the user modifications .acf installed instead?

Um, I’m quite sure that I have changed the right one. And it's also the original .acf file. Btw, setting P acf/_avionics_EQ to 1 doesn't work with the x737 and the vFlyteAir PiperArrowIII either - sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_EQ remains 0.

Maybe it's the best to go back to version 10.36. I don't need extended DSFs.

Thanks a lot for your help!