SkyMaxx Pro Version 3.0 Announcement!

Cameron

Cameron while I'm here I've got a question. I run three instances of xplane. 1 1040r3beta, 1 up to date 10.40 and one oldie but goodie (10.36). Do I need to install three times or just once and then copy files over to the other two?

Thanks!!! Can't wait for the release!! You guys do great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I did this at my aeroclub sim, it is ok to copy the appropriate folders after one installation, but i also think you'll have to activate all the 3 separately.

I recall somebody talked maybe about creating an API for SMP , so weather plugins can bypass Xplane , did I remeber correctly?

I think contacting the guys the develop fs global real weather , to interact perfectly with SMP will be great , this can be the perfect and long-awaited weather depection for Xplane.

No sir. Maybe wishful thinking. :) At this time no such thing is happening. We continue to investigate better solutions, and for now FSG is not the answer.

Cameron while I'm here I've got a question. I run three instances of xplane. 1 1040r3beta, 1 up to date 10.40 and one oldie but goodie (10.36). Do I need to install three times or just once and then copy files over to the other two?

Thanks!!! Can't wait for the release!! You guys do great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To do it properly you'll need to install three times. Even though you'll activate three times it will only count as one if it's on the same machine.

Cameron and John,

Great job on the previews of SkyMaxx Pro V3. Am looking forward to purchasing the upgrade for existing customers and wanted to say thanks for all of the past FREE upgrades to SkyMaxx.

Thank YOU!

Also a great time to shout out to Frank (Sundog) for his hard work and involvement here! :)

• Upvote 1

The second screen of the fighter above the overcast clouds doesn't look natural to me. I think its too dark in between the lumps of cloud. 

It's a matter of personal preference and the types of clouds you're used to seeing wherever you happen to live. We offer two different types of stratiform clouds you can choose between in our configuration screen. "Solid stratiform" looks more uniform, and is probably the one you would prefer.

This is unbelievable! WHERE has ANYONE seen overcast clouds like this? Apart from real life? 

The only thing missing for me in any flight sim was flying over the stratiform clouds as demonstrated in the video. I can't believe it, I refuse to believe it, the video is a lie! :D I'm already struggling to come to terms how amazing the current SkyMaxx is - and although I only purchased it 2 weeks ago, I cannot wait to get my hands on this too! 

So many good things are happening, X-Plane 10.40 is here, and IXEG's 737 isn't too far away :D

Thanks Cameron, thank you Frank, and the rest of the team. (I'm new here so I don't know the names of the all the persons involved.) This is great for those of us flying airliners. I can imagine it now - taking off in gloomy IFR conditions, breaking through the clouds and being treated to the view of the stratiform clouds from above.

Cameron, this is torture. I know it's cheeky and annoying to ask, but how many more weeks/days are we talking? :D 

Warmest Regards

You're showing an image taken with ZERO clouds above the layer in question.

The screenshot posted shows a layer of clouds ABOVE the layer in question, thus darker areas are a direct result of cloud shadows. Look further into the distance and note the areas with no upper layer and see much brighter clouds. It looks pretty stinkin' close, and LEAPS above anything available in X-Plane today. Nitpick all you want, but yesterday this much closer to reality was not even on the table. :) I also feel the video clearly shows that lighting conditions are an integral part of this product (and rightly so!).

I am happy to announce now that we are in the process of working out an implementation deal with Flight Safety. Apparently the big boy FAA certified sims like what we're doing. Hopefully you will too!  ;)

Super stoked for this... will definitely upgrade, SkyMAXX might as well be a standalone simulator. For everyone here who doesn't yet own SkyMAXX V2, if they've managed to improve it in V3 (which from the 3D cloud tops I'd say they have) buy it without question.

One quick question for Cameron, for those who own V2, will the discount be automatically applied to the price online once you've logged in? Just wondering, even though it's completely irrelevant now.

Thanks to John for bringing this to X-Plane, for the occasional humour provided to the community, and making it usable, thanks to SunDog for developing the original technology, and thanks to Cameron for making it available to the market. You guys all rock!

This is unbelievable! WHERE has ANYONE seen overcast clouds like this? Apart from real life? 

The only thing missing for me in any flight sim was flying over the stratiform clouds as demonstrated in the video. I can't believe it, I refuse to believe it, the video is a lie! I'm already struggling to come to terms how amazing the current SkyMaxx is - and although I only purchased it 2 weeks ago, I cannot wait to get my hands on this too! 

Thank you! We definitely appreciate the enthusiasm!

Thanks Cameron, thank you Frank, and the rest of the team. (I'm new here so I don't know the names of the all the persons involved.) This is great for those of us flying airliners. I can imagine it now - taking off in gloomy IFR conditions, breaking through the clouds and being treated to the view of the stratiform clouds from above.

It's one of my favorite features now. :)

Cameron, this is torture. I know it's cheeky and annoying to ask, but how many more weeks/days are we talking?

I can't put a number on days. I can say I would expect this in less than 3 weeks (and that's being very conservative so as not to displease expectations). ;)

One quick question for Cameron, for those who own V2, will the discount be automatically applied to the price online once you've logged in? Just wondering, even though it's completely irrelevant now.

It will be a special SKU in the store with a custom v2 to v3 upgrade path. In other words, you MUST have v2 purchased, and you MUST have v2 installed to get v3 installed at the discount option. You'll receive instructions on all of this in your e-mail upon release.

Thanks to John for bringing this to X-Plane, for the occasional humour provided to the community, and making it usable, thanks to SunDog for developing the original technology, and thanks to Cameron for making it available to the market. You guys all rock!

Much appreciated from all! 

Thanks for the info, 3 weeks sounds great!

It will be a special SKU in the store with a custom v2 to v3 upgrade path. In other words, you MUST have v2 purchased, and you MUST have v2 installed to get v3 installed at the discount option. You'll receive instructions on all of this in your e-mail upon release.

Once the upgrade path is purchased, does this mean we will always have to install V2 first for future re-installations? Or will it be a standalone installer for V3 once the upgrade path is approved?

Regards

Much appreciated from all! 

I think I may have unsubscribed from X-Aviation newsletters, will I still receive notification?

I think I may have unsubscribed from X-Aviation newsletters, will I still receive notification?

Nope. By law we cannot if you do so.

That said, I just looked and you're still subscribed and receiving messages. I'd encourage you to look in the promotional section or spam box in your GMail.

• Upvote 1

FSGlobal have a picture on their FB page with their coming XP build using SMP 2 clouds

That may well be, but let it be clear that FSG cannot change how actual clouds like SMP get placed. It's a bit more complicated than that. In short, when it comes to FSG and SkyMaxx Pro, a METAR is a METAR is a METAR (meaning the placement, or how clouds are placed, between default weather engine and FSG will not be much of any different).

Take my money!!

That's some really nice work you guys have done Frank, John. You've really raised the bar again for flight sim clouds. I take great enjoyment poking in and out of the clouds in SMPv2, and look forward to the update.

Glad to support you guys. Thanks as well to Cameron for doing a 50% discount to existing owners. I'm more than happy to put my funding to those who I know work very hard on bringing great addons to XP10.

• Upvote 8