C400 Tutorial Help

bkray1

Hi,

Just bought the C400 this morning and I am trying to follow the tutorial. My plane starts cold and dark (guess I set something up in X-plane), but I have managed to get the plane started. My issues are setting up the flightplan as suggested on page 6. I did see some numbers appear +44 in the flightplan section, but I was expecting KBDN to show as the first way point. Somehow I cleared those numbers and now I cant get any waypoints to show. Is there a way to reset the FMC? If I start the process over, and press INIT, then DArrow, step 5 doesn't highlight anything. I can select a VOR (DSD) and it finds it and I see a red line on the MFP, however it never appears in the Fplan. I have help ENT for 5 min with no result. Any ideas?

Thanks Bryan

P.S. Level of expertise is Zero. I usually just hop in and fly around a bit with basic models etc, so please be liberal with any explanations that may assit me.

Bryan,

It sounds like you have used the large FMS knob to change the "page" of the flight plan that is visible.  If you click on the left side of the LARGE knob (LARGE arrow) you can go back a page and on the right side of the knob to go forward.  This is a common mistake as there are two concentric knobs (large and small)

Edited by JGregory

Ah. Excellent. I will watch for that next time. I ended up just closing out of X-plane and restarting, which reset the position. I managed to take off and get to the engine portion of the tutorial before the wife returned. I'll repeat the tutorial and such this evening with that in mind.

Thanks,

Bryan