Vinson Zhang

How do you check VRAM

You don't have *any* VRAM. Your intel chip uses (slow) system memory for "video ram" and steals it from the rest of your system.

I can't seem to get a good balance for the rendering options (speed & detail). -- Intel Pentium N3530 @2.16 GHz Quad Core and a Intel HD Graphics.

There is simply not enough CPU and GPU horsepower in such a system. You are actually *below* bare-minimums for X-Plane -> http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/system-requirements/

X-Plane 10 requires, at the minimum,

Dual Core, 2.5 GHz or faster
2 GB of RAM
A video card with at least 500 MB of VRAM.

You are missing the discrete Video Card (integrated Intel does not cut it), and your CPU (Pentium) is under the minimum Ghz speed.

There is pretty much no way you will ever have a "good XP10 experience" with such a system, unfortunately.

- CK.

Edited by chris k

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people, I have a computer with Intel Pentium N3530 @2.16 GHz Quad Core and a Intel HD Graphics card running Windows 8.1. I can't seem to get a good balance for the rendering options (speed & detail).

Can someone give me any recommendations?

Dirty Harry Quote

Harry Callahan: "A man's GOT to know his limitations."

See attached Screen Shot to start at the Bottom and work your way Up.
I understand X-Plane 10.40 Betas have three No-Brainer Default Choices for Pre-Set Rendering Option (choose lowest amount of Fancy Stuff).

post-11029-0-30356800-1441477943_thumb.j

Edited by Igor4U
  • Upvote 1