Challenger 300 mods

Nicola_M

Cabin given pinstriping throughout.  Bombardier atlas added to screens. Done away with the daytime reflection on the lavatory door (not convincing at night).

cab_rear.jpg

cab_front.jpg

Biggest change in the lavatory - mirror given reflection.  Lights added to annunciation panel.  Pinstriping added to walls.

nu_lu.jpg

Such a small change for a big improvement, compared to the original -

old_lu.jpg

• Upvote 3

Here you go.  Didn't take as long as I thought.

Use these psd's with gimp or photoshop to replace the respective png files in the Challenger/objects folder.  Back up your originals first.

cockp_3d_LIT
 - CAUTION and WARNING lettering added to master caution lights
cockp_3d_LIT.zip

inscriptions & inscriptions_LIT
- Bombardier atlas added, curtains spelling on galley amended, dome light and spotlights amended, option to add Reg Number to panel under landing gear lever.

reg.jpg
inscriptions & inscriptions_LIT.zip

Salon
- Pinstriping added, Door reflections removed (as above).
salon.zip

salon_LIT  (new upload, reflection direction now corrected)
- Pinstriping added, Door reflections removed, lavatory mirror reflection and lavatory annunciators added (as above).

salon_LIT.zip

Edited by Nicola_M

Yeh, the original's a Gulfstream, but the paint was too good not to have on the Challenger.  :D  That's why I called it M-UZAK instead.

Some of the real world Challenger paints are a bit uninspiring. Now, Gulfstreams and Embraers.......

Edited by Nicola_M
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this Denis Krupins 300 ? Have you shared this with him ?  BTW, he is a great plane maker. One of my favorites.

Never mind, saw your other posts. Nice work, just so happened it was the planer flew in X-Plane to going to add these. Thanks

Edited by Jim Kallinen
  • Upvote 1

Hi Jim

No I haven't shared it, as to me it would be like saying he didn't do a good enough job.

I'm just making what little improvements are left to make it as good as it possibly can, within the limits available.

I am amazed just how near the real thing he has got it though.

The only bits I'm adding now are to add the galley underlights, which he probably missed, as they don't show up in most photos.

• Upvote 2

Galley underlight added

screenshot_1.jpg

Salon LIT final
Original LIT file with: Stair lighting, lavatory mirror reflection, lavatory annunciators, galley underlight & galley drainaway

salon_LIT final.zip

or
Salon LIT final + pinstripes
Original LIT file with: Stair lighting, lavatory mirror reflection, lavatory annunciators, galley underlight & galley drainaway + pinstripes on cabin walls

Salon LIT final + pinstripes.zip

Edited by Nicola_M