MAXX.FX 1.0 - Will Not Install

Rhys Pasitchnyj

Dear X-Pilot.Com

I am having a few problem's atm ... i have been Running MAXX.FX 1.0 .... - and i have just re-install my Operating System and i have started the .exe for MAXX.FX 1.0 - and it asks me too put my Customer E-Mail address in for Activation and i do that and it comes up with ( please Specify a Value ) ... 

I have not changed my Customer E-Mail address at all ... so what exactly may be the Problem ....

Second of all ... the other problem i have when i last installed MAXX.FX it worked and loaded & it said i have maxed out the 3 Activations or what ever it is ..... is there a way too Reset this or anything as i want this Add-On with my X-Plane ....

If you can please Get back too me that would be Great.

Window's 8.1 Pro.

Kindest Regards 
RHYS -  :) 

post-24523-0-63219300-1436101933_thumb.j

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Might want to check your spam folder for a reply. I don't have access to the ticket system myself.

However, I think I've heard of some MacOS versions where decompressing the installer is problematic. I've heard that running "stuffit expander" on it clears it up. Mac isn't my primary OS so hopefully someone else with more details can chime in here.

• Upvote 1

I'm not on the same boat since I am trying to install the MacOS version and I get the following error message right after the X-Aviation logo pops up

I submitted a support request on October 1st, but have got no replay yet  (Ticket #BNJ92)

Untitled.jpeg

This is well documented in the forums.

Use stuffit expander to unzip.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. All three gang members plus Ben via Messenger responded immediately and got it running... Kudos 
My day job is keeping me away from the computer lately, and don't have as much time as I have enjoyed in the past for XP related activities. One of these days I'll do a full flight and will check the sweetness of MaxxFX. keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Same problem here. 

Safari automatically unzips the file. I use Sierra. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

David

Ps. Using stuffit cannot be the solution (even if it works) because I am purchasing from X-Aviation, and it is just wrong to be forced to buy an extra software for the same amount of money, just for un-zipping this plugin. 

Edited by David Erard

Here is a very odd solution that worked for me. I found it by pure luck. 

1)Download the software from X-Aviation to your desktop.

2)Extract it with the native Apple un-zip tool. A new folder with the name Maxx FX 1.0 will be created. 

3)Drag the “setup-osx” file out of the Maxx FX 1.0 folder to the desktop.

4)Double click the “setup-osx” file and get the “corrupt or incomplete” file error.

5)Close the error message box, and drag the “setup-osx” file back in to the Maxx FX 1.0 folder.

6)Double click the “setup-osx” again, and the installer will launch. 

I have absolutely no clue why this works and the logic behind it, but the fact is that it does. 
Edited by David Erard