Radios and Garming GPS blank

Daz85UK

Hi,

I have just purchased the Saab 340 but I am having an issue with the Garmin GPS and radio panel on the centre pedestal, they keep going blank mid flight.

I have heard of issues before of aircraft systems going blank if people are using an illegal copy of the aircraft, but I am using a paid copy which I purchased today (26th June 2015)

I have activated the product correctly as far as I can tell.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Darren

Illegal copies wouldn't even be able to get the aircraft started.  

Please make sure ALL avionics switches are turned on.  The entire overhead panel annunciators should be "lights out".  

If that doesn't work, please post your Gizmolog.txt and Log.txt files found in your x-plane root folder.

Thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft and managed to do a full flight without the displays going blank. I will try another flight tomorrow to see if the displays go blank again.

I can confirm when the displays went blank all avionics switches were on, the aircraft was flying in cruise for atleast 10 mins before the displays went off.

Same issue again although this time I have blank screens right from the start.

After engine start the screens are still blank, the only thing I have changed since the previous flight is adding FlyLUA for real Terra Haze.

If I click buttons on the radio panel on the centre pedestal I can hear beeping as if the radios are on but theres is nothing showing on the displays...The Garmin GPS is also blank

Same issue again although this time I have blank screens right from the start.

After engine start the screens are still blank, the only thing I have changed since the previous flight is adding FlyLUA for real Terra Haze.

If I click buttons on the radio panel on the centre pedestal I can hear beeping as if the radios are on but theres is nothing showing on the displays...The Garmin GPS is also blank

Unplug any external hardware that you may be using (yokes, joystick, etc.). Then take ALL the non-standard plugins out of the plugin folder (except gizmo).  Re-start the sim and load the Saab.  If you still have problems, send us the log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files.

I would also like to know what your frame rates are when you are running the Saab.

Edited by JGregory

I will post the required files when i am next on my pc.

My fps in the cockpit is between 18 and 31 depending on amount of cloud etc outside the window.

i managed to fly an almost complete flight last night without the displays going blank however a new issue came up during the flight.

About half way through i turned the wx radar on and a gizmo console box popped up, i read through it and there didnt seem to be any errors so i carried on. The issue was when trying to dial in a lower altitude for the descent, the altitude selector would not change from the current selected altitude of 18000ft.

Could flywithlua be affecting it?

About half way through i turned the wx radar on and a gizmo console box popped up, i read through it and there didnt seem to be any errors so i carried on.  The issue was when trying to dial in a lower altitude for the descent, the altitude selector would not change from the current selected altitude of 18000ft.

We need to be clear on this.  First...the console will not pop-up unless an error has occured.  Second...if it does pop-up you need to send us the log files from that session.  Third.. If you get an error (and the console window pops up) some of the actuators in the cockpit may stop working so, when you say that something isn't working (altitude selector) you need to be specific as to whether it happened before or after an error.

Could flywithlua be affecting it?

It could.  If you are still having problems you need to follow my instructions from post #6 above.

Edited by JGregory