SoundMaxx Released!

Cameron

I take it from the release notes that there is no support for AI and/or multiplayer aircraft (e.g. they still won't emit any sound). Can you confirm?

That's correct. SoundMaxx does what we advertise, which is a lot - but no more than that! We actually tried to attach sounds to AI planes, but X-Plane's existing API just doesn't give us the information we need. Instead, there are ambient airplane sounds that vary based on the size of the airport you're at, but they are not tied to specific aircraft.

That's correct. SoundMaxx does what we advertise, which is a lot - but no more than that! We actually tried to attach sounds to AI planes, but X-Plane's existing API just doesn't give us the information we need. Instead, there are ambient airplane sounds that vary based on the size of the airport you're at, but they are not tied to specific aircraft.

Any chance you can do that with World Traffic AI aircrafts (release 2 much improved is about entering beta), they have already some sound but I think a dedicated program like Smax could turn them much more lively.

Edited by Leporello

Any chance you can do that with World Traffic AI aircrafts (release 2 much improved is about entering beta), they have already some sound but I think a dedicated program like Smax could turn them much more lively.

As of right now we do not have any access to AI for sound, so in the near future this is probably not going to happen.....

Great suggestion though and something we have on our radar......

Edited by JohnMAXX

Love it! X-Plane has needed something like this for a long time. Thank you!

Question: I hear the awesome ambient airport sounds while externally viewing my Carenado Cessna Grand Caravan, but don't hear them while inside the cockpit, even with the doors & windows open. Is this by design? Can it be changed?

Thanks again!  :)

Edited by Aquilam

Question: I hear the awesome ambient airport sounds while externally viewing my Carenado Cessna Grand Caravan, but don't hear them while in the cockpit, even with the doors & windows open. Is this by design? Can it be changed?

It's been answered here before, but yes, it's by design. There are some scenarios where the sounds will play at a low volume when interior, however. Outdoor sound effects are also enabled if you're in an interior view, the cabin door or cockpit is open, and the engines are off. Carenado may be using some custom datarefs or even active sounds that are canceling this out in this scenario. We're only at version 1.0, so we'll definitely look into it.

• Upvote 2

My only question before purchase is this: what kind of updates and support can I expect in the future? A year of updates? Updates until you hit 2.0? Updates for life?

Thanks.

I don't think we can predict the future any better than others here, but I'm sure other customers can attest to our commitment in doing what's right.

We provided SkyMaxx v2 free of charge to all v1 owners. That's now almost two years in of free updates.

Time will tell, but we would definitely never "short" our paying customers.

I don't think we can predict the future any better than others here, but I'm sure other customers can attest to our commitment in doing what's right.

We provided SkyMaxx v2 free of charge to all v1 owners. That's now almost two years in of free updates.

Time will tell, but we would definitely never "short" our paying customers.

Works for me. I have SkyMaxx, but I've only had it for about eight months, so I had no idea what your normal support policy is. Buying a new V1 product is always a crap shoot, you know? Still, I am super excited to try this out.