Beep sound while moving switches+ sound of hydraulic pump

Silent_V

Hi all!

First of all thanks for an amazing update which has been waited for so much!

But unfortunately I have a couple of sound issues I would love to ask about:

- when I move some switches on overhead (avionics ones) I can hear a beep sound every time I move the to on and off position. Is this a bug or a feature?

- when the hydraulic pump sound turns on it just loops and does not stop. I assume this is a bug.

Please would you comment on this?

Thanks in advance!

- when I move some switches on overhead (avionics ones) I can hear a beep sound every time I move the to on and off position. Is this a bug or a feature?
That is the sound of the radios being turned on.  If you manually turn All the radios off, and toggle the avionics switches, you should not hear any beep.

The hydraulic pump should not run continously.  If you can describe what you were doing at the time (and recreate it), it would be very helpful.

Ok got you, thanks!

As to the pump sound I got it twice during the take-off from Key West while retracting gears, I will try to recreate it once again and will let you know.

The pump should turn on during gear retraction, but should also turn off shortly thereafter.  It may also turn on at any time as the pressure falls in the accumulator(s) due to system usage or leakage.

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi!

Recently I have the same issue, too.

The sound of hydraulic pump would start (like after I extended the flap) and never go off thereafter. I had to turn it to Off position manually.

If I turn it back to Auto again, it sounded permanently during the whole flight  

I have checked that when it happened, the pressure of hydraulic was  within normal range.

Is it a bug or I have missed something?

I am running the latest version of SAAB 340A and XP 11.41. Thanks a lot.

Edited by divinglyc

38 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

Hi!

Recently I have the same issue, too.

The sound of hydraulic pump would start (like after I extended the flap) and never go off thereafter. I had to turn it to Off position manually.

If I turn it back to Auto again, it sounded permanently during the whole flight  

I have checked that when it happened, the pressure of hydraulic was  within normal range.

Is it a bug or I have missed something?

I am running the latest version of SAAB 340A and XP 11.41. Thanks a lot.

I've had this happen 1 time to me, and I have not been able to recreate it.  Without much to go on, it's difficult to nail down, but we'll keep an eye on it during the update testing.

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I've had this happen 1 time to me, and I have not been able to recreate it.  Without much to go on, it's difficult to nail down, but we'll keep an eye on it during the update testing.

Thanks! It happens to me every flight.... I have to turn off the sound of hydraulics so I won't be annoyed during the flight...

It's possible to replace the sound file for the hydraulic pump with silence or something less annoying.

The pump can also be managed by switching it off during flight and on before landing. We have no real damage so this is actually a little bit of a damage control simulation on which you can discover some of the other switches you never use ;)

Edited by Burning Bridges
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Burning Bridges said:

It's possible to replace the sound file for the hydraulic pump with silence or something less annoying.

The pump can also be managed by switching it off during flight and on before landing. We have no real damage so this is actually a little bit of a damage control simulation on which you can discover some of the other switches you never use ;)

Yes, indeed. I will do that at my  next flight!