[SOLVED] Missing textures in 1.2, Cockpit looks awful

kneighbour

Just bought and installed 1.2 into XP 10.36 on Windows 7 64. In fact, installed it twice - both installs have the same problem.

I can load the aircraft (all variants are the same) but the textures are missing for the cockpit. Outside the aircraft looks ok and everything else seems to be working. ie sound ok, menus, etc.

The errors in the log mention a number of textures that are missing. ie Fuselage.png. And that is correct - there are no textures of that name.

I installed the version with 1.5 gigs video RAM or less.

Log_saab.txt

post-19281-0-28620600-1434598685_thumb.j

Just ran the installer application. Was else is there I can do?

Set XPlane folder

Picked 1.5Gigs or less

On the first install, selected everything - ie all liveries. On the 2nd install, no liveries

It said it needed to uninstall the current version first (even though nothing installed), But ok'd that

The first install was bout 900 megs. The second install about 209 megs. Currently doing a 3rd install

No errors. Finally installed

Run XP, and select Passenger variant

The file I downloaded from your website is 'Saab_340A_1.2.zip' and is 24.8 megs

On my 3rd install, I am now getting a few error popups in the installer process. These never came up the first time(s).

The error "Unable to download component Saab 340 Passenger: Component file version does not match"

This is in Component 3/3

If I retry, it works ok, Or it seems to.

Edit: No, Component 3 will not install on this 3rd attempt.

Edited by kneighbour

Firstly, don't move it. You WILL mess up your install and future updates. This product is made to be kept where it's installed.

Please show a log after you have opened the aircraft in the proper place. Additionally, please show a screenshot of the X-Plane/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/Objects folder.

Lastly, please be sure you are running the installer only after it has been unzipped. Do NOT run it within the zip file (if you are).

On my 3rd install, I am now getting a few error popups in the installer process. These never came up the first time(s).

Yes. A new installer was uploaded already to fix a COMM radio issue. You'll need to go re-download the installer first.

Please run the uninstaller located in X-Plane/X-Aviation. I will let you know in a post here when a fix is uploaded for you.

Ok. Where is this uninstaller? It is not on the my Saab 340 download page.

I could just delete the registry key, if that is all that is required.

Edited by kneighbour

Okay Kerry,

I believe I have now solved this problem.

Please re-download the Saab, then re-run the installer.

Please remember NOT move the Saab to another folder after it's been installed! You will definitely mess things up as time goes if you do this. The same goes for all of our products.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...