Saab 340A Failures

wired521

Hi guys,

I just picked up this aircraft yesterday and so far I've had a lot of fun with it! One thing I noticed was when I poorly managing my engines (~985 degrees) for about 10-15 minutes. Nothing 'broke' on me. I did a test this evening (on the ground this time) where I ran up engine 1 to max power (full throttle and condition set to max) for about 20 minutes and still no failures. The Torque was @ 120%, ENG RPM was over the redline and Temp was 985. I then did a couple hot starts on engine 2 where the temp was well over 1k but no failures were observed. Does this plane have any failure modes that can be caused by the pilot's poor system management?

You're meant to fly it.  Not break it!

;)

To answer your question, failures have been programmed into it.  I've caused more than a few engine fires during testing.  I guess it depends on the specific criteria that warrants a failure.

Edited by Goran_M

Thanks for the quick reply Goran - the Saab is wonderful to fly; I'll stop trying to break her haha :D. You guys have done a fantastic job with this aircraft! Main reason I was asking about failures is, for me at least, it adds a whole new level to the sim when mismanagement can come back to haunt you. Plus, distaster management is always a good time when you have to make an unexpected diversion 'somewhere' because of failure. Sure, I hate it when that happens in the real world but it's fun in a sim for some reason haha. I know failures can be a controversional subject, some people love em and some people hate em. I'll gladly take any insight as to what types of criteria can cause problems.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick reply. You guys are definately top-shelf!

@Ben I haven't seen any yet in the Saab; maybe in the Citation someone will add one...( [X] Seed Planted)