Announcing SoundMaxx for X-Plane!

Cameron

Hello Captains!,

Today we are excited to formally announce SoundMaxx! We expect this product to be released in pretty short order, so stay tuned on release dates.

SoundMaxx is a plug-in that enables X-Plane to use higher quality sounds and replaces existing ones for a much better experience!

The plug-in will have a familiar interface if you are a current user of SkyMaxx Pro. An example of what you'll see is here:

Interface.jpg

And to give you a better idea of what to expect from this product, here's a feature list!:

• Replaces default X-Plane sound effects with real 44 kHz stereo recordings, including: Thunder - wind - rain - hail - hail impacts - crashes - explosions - landing gear - gear rolling - gear skids - afterburners - jet, prop, and turboprop starters - reverse thrust - APU - switches - flaps
  • Replaces default engine sounds for high and low bypass jets, reciprocating engines, props, turboprops, gryo's, helo's, and liftfans. (SoundMaxx will NOT override custom sounds that come with third party aircraft - only default aircraft and third party aircraft that don't include their own sounds.) Again, these are real recordings at 44 Khz stereo
  • Separate jet engine sounds for inside vs. outside the cockpit
  • Longer, more varied loops for added realism
  • Ambient sound engine for low-altitude external viewpoints. Season, time, and location aware. Includes:
  • Large airport - small airport - beach at day - beach at night - countryside during winter / summer / day / night - lakes - open ocean
  • Rattles from turbulence
  • In-cabin sounds for jetliners
  • Replaces engine sounds with real recordings for the default Cessna 172SP, B747, Bell 206, and Robinson R22 Beta
  • Integrates with the upcoming SkyMaxx Pro 3 for positional 3D thunder sound effects
  • Configuration panel to allow toggling of effects and adjustment of volume
  • Automatically backs up and restores built-in default X-Plane sounds with the click of a button

A couple of video teasers have been posted recently from John showing some cool effects. Below is an example of one for you to enjoy...

More news to follow soon! :)
  • Upvote 12

Non Commercial Use only

I think that's language barrier, Carlos. This just means that the version you see is to be used by people who use X-Plane at home. Not for flight schools or aircraft manufacturers trying to make money when using our products. It's the same thing that Laminar does with X-Plane...Home use and Commercial versions.

I think that's language barrier, Carlos. This just means that the version you see is to be used by people who use X-Plane at home. Not for flight schools or aircraft manufacturers trying to make money when using our products. It's the same thing that Laminar does with X-Plane...Home use and Commercial versions.

Thanks for clarifying. Great product with nice features.

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Do I understand correctly that SMP 3 will have localized clouds? That would be great news.

We are not prepared to speak about full on features of SkyMaxx Pro 3, and I can neither confirm nor deny (and no, that's not me being sly and saying "yes" when I mean we're really not prepared). Such posts and news will not be held in this thread. :)

Seems like that's the main idea.

Wonder if third party addons can integrate with this though. Would love to see some aircraft get access to some of the more aircraft-specific features!

3rd party aircraft developers are very good at supplying specific soundsets for the aircraft,  but as long as default elements are integrated into a 3rd party aircraft I don't see any reason why SoundMAXX wouldn't work....

When can one purchase it?

We anticipate this product to be out in relatively short order. The beta process will be pretty swift, and release soon after. No long development period here, as the product is essentially "done" barring any bugs during testing! :)

This is pretty Awesome! Now if we can somehow get the sounds added in from other aircraft that we are flying with. I typically fly with other pilots in multiplayer mode on a VPN or on such platforms as PilotEdge. It would be really great to hear them approach or depart and have that sound gain change based on their distance. If you are doing this with proximity to water, then I can only imagine it would be possible based on proximity to other aircraft such as AI or multiplayer.

• Upvote 1

I really love the touch of " fresh " and innovative projects you are developing ... You decided to take care of " skipped " sides of a sim like post-treatment display plugin, 3D cloud engine, new sound environment etc ... I'm sure you'll stick to this very pleasant kind of thinking and release more and more plugins like " ContrailsMAXX " or " WaterMAXX " to improve, with small but sure steps, all the immersion of this fabulous simulation...

With the actual state of the art aircraft and scenery addons we already have, and incoming ones ( IXEG,PMDG... ) I'm glad that X-Plane will have great times to come ;-)

John, is/will there be a way to add custom sounds for different airfields (Maybe using a config inside the airport package). I'd love to be able to add ambient sound to some of my farmstrips (Similar to what ORBX do), but haven't found a platform independent way of doing so?

Tony,

Ill take that a suggestion, but logically building a database of the 20,000 or so airports for custom sounds seems a bit too much, plus I doubt users will take the initiative to build those custom sounds.....We do have two sound sets one for large airports and one for small....The ambient noises and aircraft in those  are appropriate for each and convincing....